Home Forums WoodMart support forum Disable scrolling in list view

Disable scrolling in list view

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Morty Smith
    Participant

Hi there! I am not sure if this is included in the support, but I would love to get some custom changes that are probably easy to achieve using CSS.

1. I have to get rid of the scrolling for each product in list view, so the product list content will take as much space as it needs.

2. I need to show the product list content on mobile devices as well. Right now, the content/excerpt is not displayed on mobile.

Thanks, I appreciate your help!

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

We appreciate your message!

1, 2. Could you please send me some screenshots for a better understanding of where exactly it is situated?

Also, please send me a URL link to your website.

Kind Regards

Morty Smith
    Participant

Thanks for your quick response. I mean the little scroll bar that shows up, if the product description has a certain length (please see the attached screenshot). Instead, I would like to display the full product description without scrolling, no matter how long it is. I want to display the product description in the archives list-view on mobile devices as well. Hope that is possible and makes sense to you 🙂

I shared some more information privately.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

In order to show the description on the archive page, you need to change the product style via Theme Settings -> Product archive -> Products styles: https://take.ms/WNNzY

As for the product description, I didn’t find such a product on your site, also, by default the is no scroll: https://take.ms/OZprS

Kind Regards

Morty Smith
    Participant

Thank you for your response. I found out that this CSS creates the little scroll-bars on my end:

.product-list-item [class*="short-description"] {
        max-height: 11em;
    }

I wrote this CSS to solve both of my problems:

.product-list-item [class*="short-description"] {
        max-height: 100% !important;
    }
    .product-list-item .woocommerce-product-details__short-description {
        display: unset !important;
    }

Not sure if this is a good solution, but it works for me right now. If there are any problems with this code that I’m not aware of, I would appreciate it if somebody can point it out. Otherwise, my problem is solved. Thank you for your help, Luke!

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

If this code works for you then it is correct.

In the meantime, feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

Kind Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)