Home Forums WoodMart support forum Dropdown menu on desktop home and shop buttons

Dropdown menu on desktop home and shop buttons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Marko
    Participant

Hi,

I have three questions regarding this:

1. How to disable dropdown menu options at home and shop on the desktop?

2. If I want to change this, I know how to do that (texts and links) but I don’t know how to change the dropdown menu background, to be black transparent with white letters (the one that I have on mobile view, to have all unified)?
    Screenshot 1

3. The second screenshot, if I set transparent background with white letters, how to totally delete the other two, now blank columns, and still leave the other three as they are?
    I don’t want them to stretch and fill out the gap from deleted two (the part with a circle), I would like to delete totally, as well as that transparent background on the other three, not to exist here.

Sorry, I’m a beginner, I hope that I’ve managed to explain what I need?

Thanks
    Best regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

1) Please provide a relevant screenshot to check it myself and help you out accordingly.

2) Please try adding the following Custom CSS in the Custom CSS for Desktop area under Theme Settings >> Custom CSS.

.wd-dropdown-menu.wd-dropdown.wd-design-full-width.color-scheme-dark {
        background: rgba(0,0,0,.4);
    }

.wd-sub-menu li a {
        color: white;
    }

3) Please provide the login details of the website to check it myself and help you out accordingly.

Best Regards

Marko
    Participant

Hi,
    thanks.
    I did that, but it’s not readable well. Take look at screenshots.
    If you look at the first one(green)
    1. It looks ok here, but we have to change it because on others is not good (shop screenshot) it’s unreadable.
    2. I was thinking this transparent background to be only under the dropdown menu where you see “shop art, “originals”, “categories” and the rest of it to be deleted ( so we can see a green image, or whatever on a right side if you understand what I mean.
    3. Maybe you can give me some idea, what transparency would go best with this website design?
    You will find my details here.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards

Attachments:

Hello,

You are Most Welcome.

You can try increasing the opacity of the background color to make it visible. Please replace the previous CSS with the following.

.wd-dropdown-menu.wd-dropdown.wd-design-full-width.color-scheme-dark {
        background: rgba(0,0,0,.7);
    }

And the columns are already set as you require them to be.

Best Regards

Marko
    Participant

Ok. Thanks.
    I’ve added rgba(0,0,0,.8) and it looks readable now.

1. Please, check out the first screenshot. How do I make these titles to be white?
    2. The second screenshot, how to leave only these three columns under the dropdown menu, and delete everything on the right side (and not to affect the proportions), so you can see an image on that place, and not the white square and a part of the black transparent background like I have now?

Thanks
    Best regards

Attachments:

Hello,

You are Most Welcome.

1) Please try adding the following Custom CSS in the Global Custom CSS area under Theme Settings >> Custom CSS.

.wd-dropdown .wd-text-block a {
        color: white;
    }

2) Please edit the menu item and try setting the dropdown width as you need.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://gyazo.com/00241f5ea2863ce4feff4c990f4d03dc

Best Regards

Marko
    Participant

Hi,
    thanks for the Custom CSS, now it’s white, although when you hover on a home those letters are now bolder than the ones on a Shop, even if I had capital letters on a shop, why is that?

As for the dropdown width, I probably don’t do it in the right way.
    I’ve tried different values but it’s still the same.
    Here is a screenshot:
    If you can help, you will find the credentials below.

Thanks
    Regards

Attachments:

Hello,

You are Most Welcome.

The menu doesn’t seem to be saving Custom fields please read our detailed documentation for help:
    https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/my-menu-doesnt-save-custom-fields/

Then check back.

Best Regards

Marko
    Participant

Thank. That value is now increased 5000, but still, I can’t set what I’ve wanted.
    Now everything is stretched, I didn’t want that.
    Please check out the screenshot above, I need all columns to be compact and on the left side, and the right side to be totally blank, without transparent background.

I would also like to know how to add social buttons here?

Hello,

Your issue has been Resolved. Please clear cache and check back.

Best Regards

Marko
    Participant

Hi,
    Thank you, yes you did it, but I meant that the whole left side should stay as it is, and to delete all on the right side, which you did, but you did delete a part of the left side as well, please can you check one more time.

Thanks
    Regards

Marko
    Participant

Check the first screenshot, this is how it looks now.
    The part on a left with bull text and icon should be also under the black transparent:

Attachments:

Hello,

Please try adding the following Custom CSS in the Custom CSS for Desktop area under Theme Settings >> Custom CSS.

.menu-item-8967 .wd-dropdown-menu.wd-dropdown.wd-design-sized.color-scheme-dark {
        margin-left: -475px;
    }

Best Regards

Marko
    Participant

Thanks, Awan. That looks ok now.
    I have some questions regarding these settings, but let us leave this for now.

Best regards

Hello,

Most Welcome!!!.

I’m so happy to hear you are pleased with the Theme and Support. XTEMOS strives to deliver the best customer experience, and it makes our day to hear we have accomplished that.

We count ourselves lucky to have you as a customer. You can always reach us at any time. We are always here to help you.

Thanks for contacting us.
    Have a great day.

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dropdown menu on desktop home and shop buttons’ is closed to new replies.