Home Forums WoodMart support forum Excessive DOM size / Perfomance load time

Excessive DOM size / Perfomance load time

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mwick
    Participant

Hello!

It’s been a while since we last connected. Hope everything is well!

I recently purchased support in the hopes of finding some answers. I’ve been facing challenges over the past week, trying to identify the source of memory leaks and excessively long loading times. I’ve already taken several steps to optimize performance, such as enabling CDN and Redis caching. Additionally, I’ve optimized various aspects including lazy loading, CSS and JS minification, reducing file sizes, activating preloading, etc.
    Furthermore, I’m running the server on a VPS with enough CPU and RAM to handle the workload of over 100,000 products.

However, the most unexpected discovery was disabling the theme, which surprisingly improved the situation. I noticed a significant reduction in page loading times, dropping from over 8 seconds to less than 3/2 seconds. The attached screenshots show the insights from GTmetrix.

One notable issue highlighted in the screenshots is the excessive use of DOM elements, with over 16,000 elements loaded on a single page. I believe this is contributing to the prolonged load times.

To assist you in troubleshooting, I’ve included the login information to the backend of the site in the private content area.

I’m really hoping you can provide me with some guidance as I’m currently struggling and unable to resolve the issue on my own.

Thank you in advance for your prompt response.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

mwick
    Participant

Could you please help me?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

I apologize for the delay.

You see the difference in page loading speed because on the default theme, you are loading a page that does not have any content, so it is more appropriate to check the speed on the shop page, and we did it, and we got the result that our theme is loaded for 1 second longer than the default theme and it is normal operation of our theme.

Kind Regards

mwick
    Participant

Sure. But any idea how to solve this loading time problem? Sometimes it takes 10 seconds to load.

Also with the theme i cant open an order in Woocommerce.

mwick
    Participant

I also included the test on the shop page. However, could you please clarify the purpose of the 16,000 DOM elements? I have noticed that they have a detrimental effect on the overall performance of the site. Apart from this particular issue, I have identified another problem mentioned earlier and another topic that needs attention.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Our theme can’t load it faster than the default theme, but usually, the default theme loads the page under 2 seconds in your case it is 7 seconds, so most likely you need to contact the server with this problem.

We tried to load the order page on the default theme: , and on our theme: . As we can see there is no difference.

2. The number of DOM elements are generated in the process of content building. All WPBakery/Elementor page builder elements are DOM elements. If you want to reduce DOM elements you will have to reduce the content: widgets, products, menu items, and others.

Kind Regards

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Luke Nielsen.

mwick
    Participant

Hi Luke,

Could you please remove the screenshot and move it into the private area. You’ve just put our adress public.

Is there any way to reduce this loadtime?

mwick
    Participant

I must add that the server is already running on a VPS with 8 cores and 8gb ram.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

You need to contact your server because as you saw, the speed on the default theme and on our theme is the same so it is not something caused by the theme.

Kind Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)