Home Forums Basel support forum Extra space in header

Extra space in header

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

MHauben
    Participant

Hello. There seems to be extra space in the header (under the menu) on each of our pages other than the homepage.

MHauben
    Participant

Also, the logo does not ever appear to be clear/sharp in the header

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Here is a code snippet that removes margin between the header and your pages content

.main-header,
    .header-spacing {
    	margin-bottom:0!important;
    }

As for the logo, we suggest you upload your logo image in an SVG format to make it render much better in all browsers.

Regards

EvolvetoGrow
    Participant

I have this problem too with the extra spacing below the menu.

It does not occur on pages with the page title below the menu. It does not occur on the sticky menu on any pages. It ONLY occurs on pages where I set the page title as disabled. Instead of removing the page title area, it leaves a big blank space.

I have tried your code here, and it works well for the page with the problem BUT it also stuffs up the other pages by removing a space there too.

So can you give a code that will only apply this to pages which have the page title disabled (as this is where the problem is), or can you tell me how I can manually apply this to a page individually?

See attached image for a bad and good page showing the extra space. I have tested the pages and its not from the slider on the bad page, it is from the page title area being turned off.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We suggest you simply put a negative top margin for first rows on the pages you don’t have page title. You can do this with Visual Composer builder while editing them in the Dashboard.

Regards

EvolvetoGrow
    Participant

Tried -20px in both the row and the column. Doesn’t work.

Are you able to fix your theme please?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, provide us your admin access so we can try to set this margin for you.

EvolvetoGrow
    Participant

I tested in Chrome and it works. I remember I had the same issue previously with your theme not working on Firefox. You said you were waiting on FF to update it, but now it has been weeks, and it seems the issue is on your theme. Will you be getting it fixed soon?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

What issue are you talking about now? You didn’t write us about the header spacing in FireFox earlier.

EvolvetoGrow
    Participant

My previous ticket at https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/few-issues/

Different problem. But also solved by using Chrome instead of FF.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But that issue is not related to header spacing. It will be fixed with a next Visual Composer plugin update. Could you please send us your website link so we can check why it doesn’t work in FireFox?

EvolvetoGrow
    Participant

Ah, Visual Composer was the problem. I updated it and now it all works fine in Firefox. Thank you for your help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Extra space in header’ is closed to new replies.