Home Forums Basel support forum Fatal Error upon accessing WP admin

Fatal Error upon accessing WP admin

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author

herbario
    Participant

Our website is producing an error when attempting to log into wordpress admin (see error details below).

The error first seemed to occur over the last couple Woocommerce/php updates, possibly even after the last wordpress update.

Wordpress admin is only accessible after disabling Woocommerce.

I’m vaguely guessing that the version of our child theme is no longer compatible with one of the recent WooCommerce/php updates, and/or that our Woocommerce database is not up to date with the current version of WooCommerce.

Aside from not being able to access wp admin, the website seems to be fully operational.

Before finding a dev to fix it (as our previous dev is no longer working) i figured it would be wise to get advise here on what the issue may be (assuming its theme related), and if it’s a complex/time consuming one to fix.

Apologies in advance for the lack of info/knowledge.

Error Details
    =============
    An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 324 of the file /home/customer/www/xxx.com.au/public_html/wp-content/themes/basel-child/functions.php.
    Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_country() on null in /home/customer/www/xxx.com.au/public_html/wp-content/themes/basel-child/functions.php:324
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/customer/www/xxx.com.au/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): payment_gateway_disable_country(Array)
    #1 /home/customer/www/xxx.com.au/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(191): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array)
    #2 /home/customer/www/xxx.com.au/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-wc-payment-gateways.php(163): apply_filters(‘woocommerce_ava…’, Array)
    #3 /home/customer/www/xxx.com.au/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/src/Admin/Features/OnboardingTasks/Tasks/Payments.php(89): WC_Payment_Gateways->get_available_payment_gateways()
    #4 /home/customer/www/xxx.com.au/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/src/Admin/Features/OnboardingTasks/Tasks/Payments.php(70): Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Features\OnboardingTas in /home/customer/www/xxx.com.au/public_html/wp-content/themes/basel-child/functions.php on line 324

WordPress version 6.0
    Active theme: Basel Child (version 1.0.0)
    Current plugin: WooCommerce (version 6.6.1)
    PHP version 7.4.30

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by herbario.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins except these ones:

Contact Form 7
    Mailchimp for WordPress
    Safe SVG
    Slider Revolution
    WooCommerce
    WPBakery Page Builder
    XTEMOS Post Types plugin

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

In case, the problem remains, even after all the plugins are deactivated, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

herbario
    Participant

Thanks for the tip Elise.

The error occurs only when the WooCommerce plugin is activated.

Do you have an email address i can use to create a login details for you on my hosting?

Hello,

Please use this mail: vedsitl@gmail.com

Please insert the site admin access into the Private content below the message area. We will take a closer look at the case.

Best Regards

herbario
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Done and thank you.

Hello,

I have created an account, however, I cannot log in to either admin or siteground.

Could you kindly generate the credentials for the admin panel and insert them into the private area.

Best Regards

herbario
    Participant

That’s annoying! Have added my credentials to the the private area.

Hello,

When I tried to log in I for the message: Authentication required.

Could you provide the net WordPress installation access so that I could install the theme correctly?

Best Regards

herbario
    Participant

Gees siteground really likes to make things difficult! Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for trying.

I tried to google what ‘net WP installation access’ means but i couldn’t find any particular reference. Would you mind clarifying (so that i can provide said credentials asap)?

Please see priv area for further suggestions.

Hello,

Please whitelist this IP: 37.115.27.175

Please confirm the permission to install the theme from scratch. If I see the option not to reset all, I will try to solve the issue just by deactivating all the plugins.

If you have any content, please make the full backup.

Best Regards

herbario
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Will installing the theme from scratch wipe our child theme’s/site customisation?

Were you able to see whether the version of our child theme is no longer compatible with one of the recent WooCommerce/php updates?
    Or whether our Woocommerce database is not up to date with the current version of WooCommerce?
    Or is the fatal error issue (when logging into wp admin) not related to either of these possibilities?

Apologies for my lack of knowledge on this.

See the PA with regards to the whitelist and additional details

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by herbario.

Hello,

I could not enter anything due to the block.

Now I try to log in and I get https://gyazo.com/e5c23f9c352dd35ae939aebf1259f6ec

Please check the access, and I will install it immediately,

Best Regards

herbario
    Participant

Oh that’s frustrating!

That image looks like you are attempting to log in with my old account details? Confirm the details in the private area.

Did you received the email from Siteground with the collaborator admin activation link, and follow the activation steps?
    I checked your activation status on siteground and it’s still saying ‘activation pending’.

I will send out another collaborator admin invitation email just in case – maybe check your junk mail folder in case its going there.

Hello,

I am required to provide authentification: https://gyazo.com/beb2c31326657933ebf22629d28977ca

Best Regards

herbario
    Participant

Did you click on “Send Code”? I did not receive an email

Did you receive the email from Siteground with the collaborator admin activation link?
    I checked your activation status on siteground and it’s still saying ‘activation pending’.

herbario
    Participant

ps. Siteground really is making things considerably annoying for both of us, but i imagine it would save us both a considerable amount of time and effort if you could finalise your collaborator admin activation process for my site 🙂

Hello,

Let us meet here at the same time to log in. If I press sending the code and get it in a few hours, it would expire.

I will be definitely here on July 22, at 17:00 UTC+3

Best Regards

herbario
    Participant

I beliebe that will make it 00:00 AEST (UTC+10). I will check here then.
    It means i will need to contact siteground techincal support to request for the IP security to be deactivated for another 24 hours.. i hope it will be the last time (5th) i have to speak to them because i seem to get someone different every time i call them, so every time i have had to explain what the issue is, why i have given you my admin login credentials and why i haven’t created your own admin login credentials.. it’s become a somewhat exhausting process 😆🥵

Hello,

Most likely the reason the theme is now installed smoothly is additional security settings. Usually, theme installation takes 10-15 minutes and most of the time is taken for loadings.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

herbario
    Participant

Noted – i have just got off the phone with Siteground – IP security has been disabled for another 24 hours.

Let me know when you’ve clicked on “Send Code” – i will keep refreshing this page every few minutes to check for your message.

herbario
    Participant

ps. i just logged out of Siteground (in case it wasn’t letting you in)

Hello,

I have logged in into Siteground.

herbario
    Participant

Oh so you didn’t need a code?

Could you kindly provide site admin access? I try to create in the panel, however, they are not workable.

herbario
    Participant

You mean the login details?

herbario
    Participant

They are the same as per my post from the 21st – see PA

herbario
    Participant

Or did you mean file manager?

No, I need wordpress admin access

We are talking about this domain, https://www.org*****cals.com.au/my-account/ right?

herbario
    Participant

I will need to login to find the site tools link to wp admin – hopefully this doesn’t log you out, but you can log into wp admin the normal way as well..

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Fatal Error upon accessing WP admin’ is closed to new replies.