Home Forums WoodMart support forum Favorites not working at all

Favorites not working at all

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Dear,

The favorites count & page are not working at all.

Please check the staging below and let me know what’s going wrong.

Thanks
    Simon

Hello,

Please describe the actions step by step to reproduce the problem: https://gyazo.com/e70b56c09df4061a008dac96cdae76f1

I cannot catch the problem.

Best Regards

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Dear,

1. Open the link given in private
    2. Click on “Add to favorites” for the first product shown
    3. Click on the “Browse favorites” as shown in the video

Favorites page is empty, which is WRONG.

I tried THREE different browsers on my laptop, clearing cache/cookies, and in Incognito mode too. In all the cases, the same result occured in all situations : favorites page not working.

Please test CAREFULLY before responding. I don’t want an answer simply saying “I don’t know how to reproduce.” You can see a video in private where we clearly see that there is an issue despite being in Dev Mode, clearing cache/cookies and etc…

PLUS I gave you access to a staging

Thanks

Hello,

We have checked in incognito and it works: https://gyazo.com/a0ecafc30c346d739fa633192a11e9b6

Please clarify.

Best Regards

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Dear Elise,

I find your answer very disrespectful. I did have clarified in details the issue.

You cannot simply answer the way you do, just like that, ignoring the VIDEOS that I send you where you can clearly see (without cache, without plugins, without customizations) that the Favorites has a problem.

If you do not want treat this ticket properly, I request someone else in your team to treat it.

Thanks
    Simon

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, it works sometimes and sometimes not. And it doesn’t work the page is loaded from the cache. We don’t know what kind of cache you have but you need to add the page to the exception list there.
    To prove that it is cached you can open Google Chrome inspector and see that the wishlist page is loaded in 80-90ms as well as any other cached page. And the cart and checkout pages are loaded in a few seconds because they are not cached.

Kind Regards

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

On the staging :
    – all plugins are disabled
    – all caching are disabled
    – all customizations are disabled
    – parent theme is enabled

On Cloudways :
    – redis object cache is disabled
    – varnish is purged and disabled

On Browser :
    – cache is cleared
    – cookies are cleared

No other layers of cache exist besides all the abovementioned elements. Yet, the issue keeps appearing when logged in as admin. I think maybe this issue could be very specific to my own user access? That’s why you may not be able to see the issue. I provide you below my own access and let me know if you see the issue.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We don’t know how the cache works on your website but the fact is that sometimes this page comes from the cache and that is why you don’t see recently added products in your wishlist.

Kind Regards

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

I usually don’t do that, but I gave up on this issue by disactivating the Wishlist feature on this website. Honestly I really think there is an issue in here, because I did disable ALL layers of cache available everywhere, as proven by the video. No other layers of cache remained to disabled or to bypass…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, but have you checked the response time on the wishlist page to see if it is cached or not? Please, send us a screenshots or video where you see the wishlist page loaded not from the cache and the response time is the same as for the cart page for example (it takes a few seconds on your website).

Kind Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)