Home Forums WoodMart support forum Few prebuilt theme cause error 403

Few prebuilt theme cause error 403

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

almmlaa
    Participant

when installing Shoes or Bikes prebuilt themes i get 403 error in the homepage. While if i installed other prebuilt themes this issue won’t happen. what would be the possible issue?

Hello,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

Please, disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us with your admin access. We will log in and check what is wrong there. You can leave only the following plugins that are required for our theme:
    WoodMart core
    WooCommerce
    Elementor/WPBakery page builder

Best Regards.

almmlaa
    Participant

Maybe the issue is caused by:

<script>window.MSInputMethodContext && document.documentMode && document.write(‘<script src=”https://mysite.com/wp-content/themes/woodmart/js/libs/ie11CustomProperties.min.js”>&lt;\/script>’);</script>

Maybe worth mentioning, only the maybe page throw 403 error but going to /shop (for example) it’s fine.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add the following PHP code snippet to the child theme functions.php file to remove this code and check how it works

remove_action( 'wp_head', 'woodmart_enqueue_ie_polyfill', -100 );

almmlaa
    Participant

I added the code in the child theme function file but the 403 error still there

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It means that it is not caused by that code. Please, contact your hosting provider for help on this matter since this error is generated by the server for some reason.

Kind Regards

almmlaa
    Participant

An update to this issue.
    Since I couldn’t use the shoes and bicycle theme due to the 403 error, I went and used the jewelry theme. So far so good up until an hour ago when the 403 page came again.
    So what I founded out is this:
    If I am logged in as an Admin and tried to view the home page the 403 error page will appear while viewing /shop is fine, but view the home page as non admin is fine with no 403 error.

Sounds weird I know, but I just thought of updating you in case it helps in finding the issue.

almmlaa
    Participant

Another update:
    Now instead of error 403, I get error 500 with the same exact previous scenario.

If I deactivate Elementor, no error 403 or 500 even if I am logged in

So the issue was Elementor

almmlaa
    Participant

Another update:
    So I decided to clear all themes contents (thinking since I have loading several themes to check which are working and which are not) and then I imported only the shoes prebuilt template ( hoping it might work after all) I still get the 403 error page.

So I went ahead and deactivated Elementor plugin, and the 403 error os gone.

I don’t know what’s with Elementor that is causing this issue?

I will still continue to troubleshoot this issue.
    And if you got any idea to try to troubleshoot or solve this issue please advise.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You will not be able to solve the problem while you don’t know what error is it caused by. As we said, you need to contact your hosting provider for help on this matter. Both errors 403 and 500 are generated by the server because of some errors on your website. And you need to clarify this information first.

Kind Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)