Home Forums Basel support forum Filter price for variation based on default variation instead.

Filter price for variation based on default variation instead.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

faliqzul
    Participant

Hi,

I have this product A, with below attributes:
    1m – $10
    2m – $20 (set as default price to be shown on all pages)
    3m – $30
    4m – $40

However when filtering for price eg. Filter price 30-40, it is actually taking into filter all price range within that attributes. So this product (default price 20) is still showing despite filter price 30-40, due to its attributes contains price 30 and 40.

I would need some help in changing the logic for price filter so that for variations it only takes into account the default price.

Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please check the issue on one of the default themes to understand where our theme causes the problem. You know, filtering is the functionality of WooCommerce our theme supports all functions but does not influence. Take any default theme of Storefront and check the filtering.

Best Regards

faliqzul
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve tested the Storefront theme, on a demo site. The filters actually taking into account the default values set for variation product.

If you check the before and after screenshot attached, I am filtering out the Small MP3 Player by price 40-80.
    https://themes.woocommerce.com/storefront/product-category/electronics/mp3-players/?min_price=40&max_price=80

However the same behavior does not work on my website.
    Also to add, while it seems that my shop is using ajax to filter, why does it refresh again after filtering ?

Regards

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We meant to test how it works with default WordPress theme or Storefront on your website, not on the demo.

faliqzul
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry, I’ve activated the Storefront theme. Its actually not filtering properly.

What do I do ?

Regards

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You selected filter from 40 to 60 and the top price for both products is inside this interval. It is how WooCommerce plugin works.

faliqzul
    Participant

That’s the thing, the demo by wc somehow shows that their price filter actually works on the default variation price.

Is there any problem updating WC plugin to the latest version even while the theme has yet to update to it ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If the demo works differently from your website, then there is some problem with the plugin. But it is not our theme issue since it doesn’t work with other themes as well as you checked already.

faliqzul
    Participant

Just wanna update, it seems that currently there is no filtering based on default variation. What I am trying to do is actually selling my products by units, which I think that by using variations should be enough.

However, by displaying pricing in ranges complicates thing in term of how customers sees value first of a product. There are plenty of scripts that allows you to display single price on products, be it the lowest figure first or highest or the default variation.

But then comes problems elsewhere. Filtering by price is still based on all variations in products. Sorting by lowest/highest price also gives the same issue.

Yea, the official demo from Woo is weird in itself that it behave differently when filtering.
    I have no choice but to subscribe to plugin Measurement Price Calculator to achieve what I wanted.

Anyway thanks for all the help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hope that you will be satisfied with the solution. Write us if you will have any extra questions regarding our theme.

Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)