Home Forums WoodMart support forum Font Awesome issues

Font Awesome issues

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

atpd23
    Participant

Hello,

I am running WoodMart version 5.3.6 and this code content: "\f08a"; font-family: FontAwesome; used in the past by old WoodMart versions isn’t working anymore. In your support forum, I have found I should use different font-family, this one: font-family: Font Awesome 5 Free;

• The old font-family: FontAwesome; isn’t working anymore? Should I replace it by font-family: Font Awesome 5 Free;? Because if so, I have to replace all content codes (e.g. \f107) right? In the Theme Settings > Performance > CSS > Font Awesome library I have set it to ‘always use’ as it is desired.
    • What is the difference between Font Awesome 5 Free and Font Awesome 5 Brands? Are there any other options?
    • Are there any icon font kits in WoodMart? I mean, where can I see all fonts used in WoodMart by default (like Font Awesome 5 Free, Brands,..)? Theme Settings > Typography > Custom Fonts doesn’t show Font Awesome font.
    • Is there any list of Font Awesome icons I can use?

Best Regards,
    Andrew

Hello,

You need to use the code as follow:

font-family: 'Font Awesome 5 Free';
      content: "\f03a";
      font-weight: 900;

Where:

font-family: 'Font Awesome 5 Free'; === font title, they are different and it is important to indicate the relative one.
    content: "\f03a"; === icon code;
    font-weight: 900; === indicate the appropriate font-weight.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

atpd23
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for the fast response, unfortunately not all my questions have been answered, so I will paste them. If they are unclear, please give me know and I will try to explain them in other way.

I would like to ask you for answers for these questions:

1. Icon codes (e.g. \f107) are different for the old FontAwesome 4.7 version and actual Font Awesome 5 Free? I have to replace them one by one, am I right?
    2. What is the difference between Font Awesome 5 Free and Font Awesome 5 Brands? Are there any other Font Awesome options (Font Awesome 5 ???)?
    3. Where can I find all fonts used in WoodMart by default (like Font Awesome 5 Free, Brands, woodmart font etc.)? In the section Theme Settings > Typography > Custom Fonts I can’t see it.
    4. Is there any list of Font Awesome icons which are available to use?

Thanks in advance!
    Best Regards,
    Andrew

Hello,

Woodmart does not support previous version of the Font Awesome icons.

What is the difference between Font Awesome 5 Free and Font Awesome 5 Brands? Are there any other Font Awesome options (Font Awesome 5 ???)? They are different font-famalies and Poppins and Roboto, for example, please contact Font-awesome for more details.

Woodmart uses its own icons by default.

All the free icons are supported.

Best Regards

atpd23
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for answers. And where could I find fonts used by WoodMart? Custom Fonts in Theme Settings section doesn’t show all of them.

Best Regards,
    Andrew

Hello,

WoodMart applies its own created icons.

The files of icons are provided here: \themes\woodmart\fonts

Best Regards

atpd23
    Participant

Hello,

I can see there only woodmart font. Where could I find others, like Poppins, Lato, Font Awesome 5?

Also I would like to ask you, where is Custom CSS (Theme Settings > Custom CSS) file located?

Thanks in advance!
    Best Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Poppins, Lato – are Google fonts, they are not stored in the theme folder, if you want to keep files in the theme folder you need to upload them, please check this instruction: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/upload-custom-fonts/

FontAwesome icosn contained in the builder plugins, in order to show them, you need to activate “Always use” for FontAwesome in the Theme Settings > Perfomance > CSS.

Best Regards

atpd23
    Participant

Hello,

And where is Custom CSS (Theme Settings > Custom CSS) file located? I would like to edit that CSS file by a code editor like Sublime Text rather than through wp-admin panel.

Best Regards

Hello,

If you want to edit the CSS in file, you need to activate the child theme and then you will get the option to add styles to the css file.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

atpd23
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you, I have found that css file. What should I do, if I want to write code for specific device as it’s possible in the Theme Settings? Because the css file in the child theme folder is empty and there aren’t any other css files for specific devices.

What I need to achieve is write custom CSS file in my code editor like Sublime Text rather than in wp-admin panel, but also I need to write code only for certain devices. In other words, I am finding a way how to write ‘Global Custom CSS’, ‘Custom CSS for desktop’, ‘Custom CSS for tablet’ etc. in the code editor rather than through wp-admin.

Best Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please check the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > you will find the option to insert your custom styles for different devices.

If you insert the styles in the styles.css of the parent theme they would be lost each time you update the theme.

That is why if you do not want to use the theme built-in correct way you can insert the styles in the styles.css of the child theme and use media queries for different devices.

Best Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)