Home Forums WoodMart support forum Found a bug on body of blog pages

Found a bug on body of blog pages

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Giulio
    Participant

Hello there,

I bought a new license for another web site and today I found a bug meanwhile I was working on the blog. The bug do not permits to show a customized body inside the blog pages when there is a custom header and the static page is set as “Blog page” inside General -> Read.

For example the first screenshot that I’m sending you have a custom body (second screenshot), but it do not shows it. If I try to disable the blog page from General -> Read (third screenshot) it works. But when I do that, inside category pages the header goes on the body (fourth screenshot). And it is strange because the overlay is disabled inside the custom header options (fifth screenshot).

Could you help me to fix it, please?

Thanks.

Hello,

I saw the screenshots you attached. The Blog page is an archive page and is controlled by WordPress.

That’s why any customization inside the page that is set as the latest posts from Settings >> Reading.

It’s not an issue by any means because this is its default behavior.

Best Regards.

Giulio
    Participant

Wrong! I use Basel on another web site and I can customize the body pages of the blog. Take a look the the example page below. It means that it is possible. But there is something that works wrong with Woodmart.

It’s incredible… every time that I need an help with your templates you try to bounce me. Why do you do that? It’s frustrating. Last time I had to ask 4/5 times before that someone of your team choose to help me.

As you can see if your template works well for me, I will continue to purchase licenses. So it should be your interest to help your customers. So please help me!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The page you sent corresponds to the Blog category and you have added your custom content to its description. Do you mean that when you add a category description on the WoodMart it is not displayed? Please, send us a screenshot of this category and the link where we can see this.

Thank you

Giulio
    Participant

It’s more simply to see it than read it. Take a look to the screenshots please.

I do not want to keep the disabled the setup on General -> Read because the web site is online and I don’t want to show to people a page with a post overlay to the header.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, because if the page is set for the blog then it displays only blog loop and any custom content can’t be added to that. It is the way our theme worked all the time and it is not a bug.

Giulio
    Participant

Now that I see also on Basel I deactivated the “blog” on General -> Read, so it’s fine. I can understand it. But I really can’t understand why if I do that I have the issue in the attached screenshot. The header works well in other blog pages. There isn’t any overlay there.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You have enabled the header overlap and disabled the page title. That is why you have this problem with your website.

Giulio
    Participant

Let me start saying that when I click on the link on follow up email I’m not logged into the forum. I need to search the thread inside the forum to keep the login.

I re-abled the title and disabled it on each page. Now it works well, but I need to hide the title header. How can I do that on the blog category pages?

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please send us a screenshot what exactly do you want to hide from blog page?

Giulio
    Participant

Yes.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to disable the header overlap option for the header and set this header for the blog page only. And then, you can freely disable the page title for the blog page as well.

Giulio
    Participant

As you can see below the header overlap is already off. And the header is correctly set in the blog page.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, provide us your admin access so we can log in and check this on your side.

Thank you in advance.

Giulio
    Participant

Done.

Please do not edit pages or disables plugin without my express consent. Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You didn’t select the page for the blog in Dashboard -> Settings -> Reading.

Giulio
    Participant

Are you talking about this?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, the blog page have to be specified first.

Giulio
    Participant

I just asking how to hide the title header on category pages. Could you help me?

On the index blog page is already done, because there is a specific option to do it. But inside category pages it doesn’t exist this feature. So I need to disable it manually. Maybe by CSS or by a snippet.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

When you disable the page title on the blog it works for all archive pages including categories. But it works only when the theme recognize the real blog page. So that is why you need to specify that option.

Giulio
    Participant

If I understand well reading your previous comment, if I will set the “blog” page as blog index page in General -> Setup -> Reading, then I will can’t customize the body.

Right?

And so which is it the right solution? I’m sure that you can understand that to improve SEO I need to customize all category pages.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, because the WordPress blog page doesn’t allow you to customize the body. But otherwise, that page will not be set as a blog but just a regular page built with a WPBakery page builder.

Giulio
    Participant

I understand your thinking, but it means that Basel works differently? As you can see on Basel we can customize the body and disable the title without any issue than we’re doing on Woodmart.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

By default, there is no editor in WordPress on the posts page and it doesn’t work on Basel as well. If it works on your website maybe you have some special customizations or different WordPress version https://prnt.sc/spxy5m

Giulio
    Participant

I’d like to tell you that you’re right, but it is not true. We haven’t any customization on the Basel web site that hide the title in some other method.

The phrase “You are currently editing the page that shows your latest post” in your screenshot means that you did a test with selected the blog page in General -> Reading. On our Basel installation we have deselected that option. Just as you suggested to us also before. In fact only in this way it is possible to customize the body. In our Basel installation disabling the title on blog theme preferences, the titles does not appear also in category pages.

On Woodmart there is some bug between the option that disable the title on each blog page and the header customizer. Because if you remember well, I showed you like there was something wrong with the overlay of the body on the header.

If you would like really to fix this bug you could do that. But you simply do not want… and it is really frustrating for us, because we spent money for your theme and your support 🤷🏻‍♂️

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But it is not a bug it is the way it supposes to work and always worked. To disable the page title on the category page you need to disable it for the blog root page. But the only way to set the blog page as root is WordPress settings. Otherwise, it is not possible to apply settings from that page to all the categories.

Kind Regards

Giulio
    Participant

My expectations are different because on Basel it works in a different way. There we did not set the blog page as blog, we disabled the title in the theme general options and we can customize with HTML every category page without any issue.

The only difference with WoodMart is the custom header. In fact the anomaly is caused from it I suppose. Because with a certain setup the only issue is with the overlay on the header that goes on the body.

But as I understood you’re not interested to understand the issue and fix it. Right?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We don’t understand the difference between them. When you unset blog page in WordPress settings on Basel, then “Disable page title” option for the blog page will not be applied to all categories pages as well. It is not correct to unset WordPress blog page since it is a core WordPress function for the blog. Why do you think that it is an issue with our theme? It is the way it supposed to work.

Giulio
    Participant

From our point of view the difference between these categories pages are clear.

We use Basel and Woodmart on two different web sites. We made before the Basel web site and there we was capable to make a category page without title. With Woodmart is not possible. We’re not developers, so we can’t give you a point of view of a developers, but we made this pages. And on Basel we can work without a title header, on Woodmart (you said) we need to work with the title header. I hope that you can understand that it haven’t a sense.

You said that we edited the code, but it is not true and we really do not understand why you try to find some excuse to do not help us. Instead to find what influence this and help us to work with your Woodmart.

Our idea is that the custom header feature could influence that.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Do you have any pages with the page title on Basel at all? Looks like you have disabled the page title globally from Theme Settings and not for the blog page only.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Found a bug on body of blog pages’ is closed to new replies.