Home Forums WoodMart – Premium Template Found a bug on body of blog pages

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Artem Temos Artem Temos 13 hours, 32 minutes ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Giulio
    Customer

Hello there,

I bought a new license for another web site and today I found a bug meanwhile I was working on the blog. The bug do not permits to show a customized body inside the blog pages when there is a custom header and the static page is set as “Blog page” inside General -> Read.

For example the first screenshot that I’m sending you have a custom body (second screenshot), but it do not shows it. If I try to disable the blog page from General -> Read (third screenshot) it works. But when I do that, inside category pages the header goes on the body (fourth screenshot). And it is strange because the overlay is disabled inside the custom header options (fifth screenshot).

Could you help me to fix it, please?

Thanks.

Private Content Hidden

Hello,

I saw the screenshots you attached. The Blog page is an archive page and is controlled by WordPress.

That’s why any customization inside the page that is set as the latest posts from Settings >> Reading.

It’s not an issue by any means because this is its default behavior.

Best Regards.

Giulio
    Customer

Wrong! I use Basel on another web site and I can customize the body pages of the blog. Take a look the the example page below. It means that it is possible. But there is something that works wrong with Woodmart.

It’s incredible… every time that I need an help with your templates you try to bounce me. Why do you do that? It’s frustrating. Last time I had to ask 4/5 times before that someone of your team choose to help me.

As you can see if your template works well for me, I will continue to purchase licenses. So it should be your interest to help your customers. So please help me!

Private Content Hidden

The page you sent corresponds to the Blog category and you have added your custom content to its description. Do you mean that when you add a category description on the WoodMart it is not displayed? Please, send us a screenshot of this category and the link where we can see this.

Thank you

Giulio
    Customer

It’s more simply to see it than read it. Take a look to the screenshots please.

I do not want to keep the disabled the setup on General -> Read because the web site is online and I don’t want to show to people a page with a post overlay to the header.

Private Content Hidden

Yes, because if the page is set for the blog then it displays only blog loop and any custom content can’t be added to that. It is the way our theme worked all the time and it is not a bug.

Giulio
    Customer

Now that I see also on Basel I deactivated the “blog” on General -> Read, so it’s fine. I can understand it. But I really can’t understand why if I do that I have the issue in the attached screenshot. The header works well in other blog pages. There isn’t any overlay there.

Private Content Hidden

You have enabled the header overlap and disabled the page title. That is why you have this problem with your website.

Giulio
    Customer

Let me start saying that when I click on the link on follow up email I’m not logged into the forum. I need to search the thread inside the forum to keep the login.

I re-abled the title and disabled it on each page. Now it works well, but I need to hide the title header. How can I do that on the blog category pages?

Thanks.

Private Content Hidden

Could you please send us a screenshot what exactly do you want to hide from blog page?

Giulio
    Customer

Yes.

Private Content Hidden

You need to disable the header overlap option for the header and set this header for the blog page only. And then, you can freely disable the page title for the blog page as well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.