Home Forums Basel support forum functions.php and js

functions.php and js

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Vansaren
    Participant

I was looking for “mailto” in functions.php in order to change the “href” with an actual email address so I do not have to use a contact form nor type in the email, but guess what, I couldn’t find it 🙂 where is?

Moreover, inside functions.js there are various small errors and alerts underlined by WP, just in case.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Mail social button can be customized in the file basel/inc/shortcodes.php. We don’t know why WP says about some errors in the functions.js file. Everything is correct there and it works without any errors.

Regards

Vansaren
    Participant

Done, thank you!
    In this file I can add other social button, like the missing instagram, what about the css code that is going to display the icon and the field in Theme settings/Social?

ty

About the mistakes, they are not big mistakes that’s why it works, however they are there.

4. Strings must us singlequote

22. Expected “===” and instead saw “==”

180. Statement body should be inside ‘{}’ braces

349. Missing semicolon

407. ‘e’ is defined but never used

and so on.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we don’t have an instruction how to add options to Theme Settings. It requires additional code customization and is out of our theme support scope.

Regards

Vansaren
    Participant

I understand Artem, but Basel it’s an eCommerce theme and you’ve missed the most important icon in terms of eCommerce sales, instagram…

Anyway, what I have to do with the mentioned code error in the functions.js

Vansaren
    Participant

Also, how it works with WP Bakery updated, does it come with your license like visual composer or nope?
    ty

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Visual Composer and Revolution slider come bundled with our theme but they can’t be activated with our purchase code. Actually, you don’t need to do this. Only in case you want to get free premium support from its author, you can purchase it from codecanyon. But it is not necessary since we will always provide you with the latest updates.

And you don’t need to worry about functions.js file, it doesn’t have any problems that may break your website.

The Instagram icon is available for “Follow us” style of social buttons in our theme. And you can set your profile page link in Theme Settings -> Social profiles.

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)