Home Forums WoodMart support forum Problems with mobile shop page and usability ( no action at the first tap )

Problems with mobile shop page and usability ( no action at the first tap )

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

da
    Participant

I have noticed the following problem with the mobile version, which I will try to describe.

When calling up the shop page in the mobile version, the following problem occur: All elements on the website or actions can be activated with just one click or tap. Only on the shop page does it often happen that if, for example, a product or the filter bar is clicked once, no action happens, instead you have to click on it two or more times. This problem usually occurs the first time the shop page is called up. This impairs the user-friendliness of the shop page and is a little confusing, as otherwise every action can be completed with just one tap.

da
    Participant

For example, try clicking multiple times on the filter icon at the bottom area or on other icons on the shop page. In several cases the icons gets hover, but no action appears.

I use iOS to test.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please disable any plugins not directly related to our theme and provide us with your admin access details. We will log in to your dashboard and investigate the issue. Please ensure that you only keep the following plugins that are necessary for our theme to work correctly:
    – WoodMart core
    – WooCommerce
    – Elementor/WPBakery Page Builder

Thank you in advance.

da
    Participant

Hello Artem,

all plugins are disabled except of WP Rocket and my Maintenance plugin.
    You can turn off maintenance plugin while testing on mobile.

Best regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please disable these plugins too. Clear your browser cache and check how it works.

da
    Participant

I did, is still there.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We just tested this with the iPhone and Safari browsers, and it works correctly. Could you please clear your browser cache and test how it works?

da
    Participant

I did it again and its still there. Try to click multiple times back and forward for example at the filter icon at the lower area( mobile version ). At the first time you get an action, then you go back and after the second click / tap the action happenes just after every secpnd click / tap.

I recognized, that that issue is everywhere. For example also if you click / tap at the mobile version at the menue icon and go back and forward.

da
    Participant

And its there if you do it just with the fingers and not with the mouse.

da
    Participant

You finde a link at the “private area” with a screen recording. Everytime you see a button / icon / link hover, I need to tap / click a second time on it to open. So its a little bit confusing, because sometimes it works at the first tap / click and sometimes only at the second tap / click.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Video is not very informative because it is not clear when you tap on the buttons. We tested it one more time on your website and it works well.
    Can you also test it on our demo?

da
    Participant

Tried it on your demo and its the same.
    You see the problem, once the icons / buttons get hover and get an other color or if I tap / click add to cart, that not the cart gets open and the button get stuck with the cart icon.

da
    Participant

I tried it out with some other themes and also with woocommerce and other websites and everything worked well. I now upload a screen recording with microfon on where I try to decribe the problem and my actions.

da
    Participant

Can I switch my website again into maintenance and activate all my plugins ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, you can do this now. We are investigating the issue.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we can see from your video, it happens sometimes when you do not tap but hold your finger for some milliseconds, triggering a hover action in the browser. So, it is a standard browser behavior, and unfortunately, it is not possible to fix it.

da
    Participant

Ok, I switched everything on. The new login page is at the private content area.

No, its a real tap ( like always and not with milliseconds ), otherwise there woudnt be an action like hovering or activating a button.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But it is the way the browser works. It recognizes this action as hover and not as a tap and we can’t do anything in this case. There is no solution at the moment. But we will do additional investigation on this and try to find a workaround in our next theme update.

da
    Participant

Ok, thank you. Its strange that I have that problem only with the theme. Would be great, if you find a solution. Thank you very much and looking forward.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Maybe you see it with our theme only because other themes don’t have hover effects on their links. If you have some examples we would appreciate if you can share them with us so we can check the difference.

Kind Regards

da
    Participant

Yes, that could be. Normally hover effect is not necessary for mobile devices. Is there a possibility to deactivate the hover effect for links and action buttons on mobile ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We will review this and consider removing unnecessary hover effects on mobile in our future updates.

Kind Regards

da
    Participant

Ok, thank you for your help. That would be a good feature.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Thank you! Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Problems with mobile shop page and usability ( no action at the first tap )’ is closed to new replies.