Home Forums Basel support forum Have some questions about new Infinit Scrolling

Have some questions about new Infinit Scrolling

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Dmytro_ua
    Participant

Hi!
    I’m really glad that you implemented this feature in your theme. But I’m curious, how does it impact to SEO?
    – Does category scan by search engines as good as with regular pagination (Google and others)?
    – What happens with old scanned links: “/page/6/”? Won’t it cause to site rating drop down?

Would be grateful for any info about this.
    Thanks

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

In our opinion, default pagination is more suitable for SEO, but you have to choose what you like and what is more important to you the usability or SEO optimization.
    Maybe this article will tell you what to choose https://yoast.com/pagination-infinite-scrolling/

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

Dmytro_ua
    Participant

1. Does “Load More Button” have some execute time limits? It seems to spin for 2-3 seconds and stops, nothing loads. Though, regular ajax pagination mostly works fine.

2. For some reason I cannot change the design of the button. Is it:

.basel-dark .products-footer .basel-products-load-more {
    }

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. No, it doesn’t have any timeouts. Try to remove your customizations and clear all the caches. Seems to some problem in the page markup.

2. Here is a selector for this button .basel-dark .products-footer .basel-products-load-more

Regards

Dmytro_ua
    Participant

1. Yes, it seems like my fault. Could you give me an advise, how to move category description to the bottom of the page (after “load more” button)?

Dmytro_ua
    Participant

And what is the style name for spinner color on the button?

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. You can change its position in the file basel/woocommerce/archive-products.php.

2. Here is a CSS for the spinner

.basel-dark .basel-products-element .products-footer .basel-products-load-more {
    	border-color: white;
    	color: white;
    }

Regards

Dmytro_ua
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve found one issue with infinit scrolling and product sorting by price. It is not only on my site, but even at your’s demo.
    The problem is, when I load a category and browse through some preloaded pages, then change sorting by price (e.g. from low to high) – at some level the items are not sorted properly.

On my page I’ve found out, that it happens, when page is reloaded by ajax filter (not fully refreshed, like F5). If I switch off ajax filtering and page fully reloads (as F5) – price sorting works correctly.

Please, see a gif in a private content area.

Thanks

Dmytro_ua
    Participant

And one more thing:
    If we filter products by some option (e.g. T-Shirts) and then sort by price – it shows only T-Shirts. But if at first we sort all products by price and then filter by option (e.g. T-Shirts) – we will see all products, not only T-Shirts.

I cannot reproduce it on your demo site, because when filtering – there is no infinit Scroll demo. But it behave in such a way on my web page.

Please, check this also.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, we will check this issue and fix in the next update. Thank you for the report.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have fixed the issue and if you don’t want to wait till the next update you can contact us directly via the contact form on Themeforest and we will send you.

Regards

Dmytro_ua
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve wrote a message through a contact form, but there’s no answer yet.
    If possible, please, send it to my registered email address.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have answered you on email, please check.

Dmytro_ua
    Participant

Just received. But, It seems you’ve sent me a woodmart theme )))

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Ah.. sorry, our mistake. We will update Basel theme and contact you tomorrow too 🙂

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If you want we can do this fix on your website. But we will need your FTP and admin access in this case. We can’t send you Basel theme with a fix till the next update. It will be released in 10-15 days.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)