Home Forums WoodMart support forum help with adding product details

help with adding product details

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

gastroinventar.dk
    Participant

Hello. I want to add part of the product details like in the picture, is it possible ? Without attributes. as in sample sites.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi,

Yes, there is the option. You can find it in the Theme settings > Product page > Show/hide element. Short description – Enable/disable short description text in the product’s summary block.
    If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards.

gastroinventar.dk
    Participant

I did as you said but no explanation came. Also this section is where we list the products under the category.

Attachments:

Hello,

Sorry for the earlier misunderstanding.

Actually, if you want to show some content details after the Product Title on the Single Product page then you need to define the Short Description of the Product told earlier. It can be defined under the Product Edita area.

Regarding showing some excerpts for the Products on the Archive pages, you need to go to Dashboard > Theme Settings > Product archive > Products styles > in that you will find the Elements > under that you will find the Hover content area > there you can select Excerpt there and it will show some part of the Product Description there on the Products: https://snipboard.io/BsSFTP.jpg

Best Regards.

gastroinventar.dk
    Participant

When the part you say is selected, the explanation is shown. But what I want is to show the short description.

Hello,

For the Products on the Archive pages, you can only show Excerpt, Additional Information or None right now. Excerpt basically shows some part of the Product Description text. If any of the Product has Short Description defined then it shows that Short Description text like you can see in the following Image from our Test Site: https://snipboard.io/resYcl.jpg

So, you need to select the Excerpt option from the earlier told location and make sure to add Short Description under the Product to make it available and show in the required place.

Best Regards

gastroinventar.dk
    Participant

Thank you very much. I think it did, but it shows the entire explanation text, is it possible to make it shorter?
    https://dasgastro.de/fleischwolf/

Hello,

Sorry to say but right now the Category page link that you shared with us, have the Product without any Description or Short Description to show: https://snipboard.io/pIhcdi.jpg

Could you please once add a Short Description on the Product and then mention us so that we can further check if there is a Custom CSS workaround for this applicable here or not.

Best Regards

gastroinventar.dk
    Participant

That way the whole explanation looks here. Is there any way to shorten it?

Attachments:

Hello,

Please try using the below Custom CSS code and paste it to Dashboard >> Theme Settings >> Custom CSS >> Global CSS section:

.product-list-content .woocommerce-product-details__short-description p {
        width: 9em !important;
        height: 6em !important;
        white-space: nowrap !important;
        overflow: hidden !important;
        text-overflow: ellipsis !important;
    }

In this CSS, you just need to adjust the width and height according to your choice which will cover up or show the Short Description text accordingly.

Hope this helps !

Best Regards

gastroinventar.dk
    Participant

My problem is solved. You are great. Thank you 🙂

Most Welcome!!!.

I’m so happy to hear you are pleased with the Theme and Support. XTEMOS strives to deliver the best customer experience, and it makes our day to hear we have accomplished that.

We count ourselves lucky to have you as a customer. You can always reach us at any time. We are always here to help you.

Thanks for contacting us.
    Have a great day.

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘help with adding product details’ is closed to new replies.