Home Forums WoodMart support forum How can i Show ony Instock Products

How can i Show ony Instock Products

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Hi, Hope you are doing fine. We have many out of stock products in our store and we would like to know if there is any option in your theme OR if we can use “In-Stock” filter by default to show only in-stock products in our store. we cannot use the woocommerce option “Hide out of stock items” because it is bad for the SEO. so we were wondering if we can make default display to show only in stock items using your theme filter “In-Stock”.

Please see attached screenshot.

Thank You
    Bilal Hussain

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Sorry but there is no option in Theme Settings available for that.

It requires customization and this is out of our theme support scope.

Best Regards

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

ok

loptix
    Participant

Hello Bilal, just passing there,

We had the same problem. Actually what you could do is add order condition in the loop to get the out of stock product showing at the end of the loop.

That way the product in Stock will show first, without changing the product order which you assigned first.

Tested and actually working on our website. If it can help.

Best regards.

loptix
    Participant

Hey, got a flashback, the stock statut is declared in the css class of grid items.

So you can hide out-of-stock products with simple .css if you really want :

.product-grid-item.outofstock {
    display: none; }

Best regards.

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Hi Loptix, Awesome!
    The code snippet we are already using to display OOS items at the end but it still does not enough for a cleaner look.

although i tried the CSS and it worked. Do you have any knowledge if this effects on the SEO?

Thanks alot!

loptix
    Participant

There is no effect, it is just going to hide your product in the loop so.

To mention, Your product pages are still available, so there is no problem with SEO.

To go deeper : maybe only if you end with empty Categories it could be a problem for google (if all your products from a catgory are out of stock then it will show a blank loop). And yes this is not good, so care about that.

Best regards

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Ok got that! Thanks alot! it was really helpful!!

loptix
    Participant

After thought, my solution is maybe not the best because :

1/ If you use ajax filter it will still showing attributes of the out of stock products. So you could end up with empty loop… And this is not good.
    2/ It is still gonna rendering html so that is definitly not the best way for performance.

So I think you have only 2 viable solutions:

1/ Use the Woocommerce option to hide out of stock products.

2/ What we’ve done :

– Showing OOS product last in loop
    – Grey out out-of-stock product with CSS
    – Adding Back-in-stock notification. Making your out-of-stock product pages still OK to use, and SEO friendly!

we cannot use the woocommerce option “Hide out of stock items” because it is bad for the SEO

If you could explain what you’ve read about that? Im curious In which way hiding out of stock product is bad for SEO as the product pages are still available to crawl from google?

Ps : Dropping here some advices for handle SEO and out-of-stock products (Screenshot, Source: Yoast)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by loptix.

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Our SEO team told us that, we cannot use that feature it is probably because it hides the urls as well of out of stock products.

the other solution i am thinking is to put &stock_status=instock filter in all the navigation links (using custom category links coz when i use that filter and even i change categories it shows in stock items only.

but i have not tested it thoroughly

loptix
    Participant

Upload problem, here are advices.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

loptix
    Participant

I personnaly do not think adding query strings (like “&stock_status=instock”) is good, especially for SEO.

First bcs those URL normaly should not be crawled (for doubled content).

Another example is from WP Rocket which DO NOT cache the page with query strings, that would make all your pages slow and unoptimized for your clients (if you use WP rocket ofc, but note that there is still an option to cache querystrings URL with WP Rocket).

+ I think this is not SEO Friendly but ask your team about that :))))

Just my thoughts 🙂

Hello,

Thanks for your collaboration with each other.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you! You can always reach us at any time. We are always here to help you.

Have a wonderful day.

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How can i Show ony Instock Products’ is closed to new replies.