Home Forums WoodMart support forum How to change the word SALE (in product image overlay) to some other words?

How to change the word SALE (in product image overlay) to some other words?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

callachicdesign
    Participant

Hi, currently if the product is on sale, there’ll be a SALE overlay on the image. How can I change this word to something else (for example: EARLY BIRD SALE).

The language I’m using is English, so this shouldn’t be about translation issue. I just want to change your existing default SALE wordings to some other wordings. Please advise how to do it.

Or possible to do it via css? Your guidance is highly appreciated.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi callachicdesign,

Thanks for reaching to us.

+ In order to change / translate words. Please make sure you synced the strings first before changing / translating WooCommerce, WoodMart Core plugins and WoodMart theme. You can refer to article https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/theme-translation/

+ You are also need to select the language for the backend and theme settings for admin from the admin user profile, please edit the user’s profile and then select the language for that user it will show the same on the backend.

Regards,

callachicdesign
    Participant

Hi, as mentioned, I don’t think this relates to translation issue. As I only want to change the word SALE to something else. Do I need to do based on the translation link that you sent ?

FYI my website is in English (not other languages)

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi callachicdesign,

I kindly recommend you to use Loco Translate plugin, it is the easiest way to translate or change themes / plugins and you can backup your translations as well. Even your site is in English as well.

Regards,

callachicdesign
    Participant

Oh ok, so the easiest way is to install Loco Translate plugin (another plugin) and change from there?

callachicdesign
    Participant

Can you guide me how to change the text using Loco Translate? I only want to change 1 text (SALE) to (EARLY BIRD).

Do I modify the source file using Loco Translate directly? just find the word I want to find and change it?

callachicdesign
    Participant

Hello, I’ve managed to do it by adding another language : English (UK) , create new translation file for this, and only change that 1 string (from Sale to Early Bird), and it seems to work fine for now. Thanks for your assistance.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi callachicdesign,

Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. Keep us in mind for future questions and concerns, we’re always here to help!

If you have a quick minute we always appreciate a 5-star rating on our theme!

https://themeforest.net/item/woodmart-woocommerce-wordpress-theme/reviews/20264492

Your feedback is the motivation to improve our work and services.

Regards,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)