Home Forums WoodMart support forum .htaccess and woodmart-core Plugin Conflict

.htaccess and woodmart-core Plugin Conflict

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

enescan.ozbel
    Participant

Hello Woodmart Team,

I am reaching out for assistance with an issue I’ve encountered using your theme. I developed my company’s showcase website on a subdomain to avoid disrupting our online activity. Upon completing the development, I migrated the site to the main domain.

However, since this migration, I am experiencing a conflict between the .htaccess file (which is the default configuration for WordPress) and the “woodmart-core” plugin, which is essential for the functioning of your theme. When the plugin is activated, my site encounters 500 errors and becomes inaccessible. Deactivating the plugin allows the site to function again, but I lose the essential design and functionality of the theme. Conversely, deleting the .htaccess file makes the homepage work, but I lose all functionalities related to WordPress permalinks.

I am at an impasse, as the site cannot function correctly without either. The theme and all plugins, including Elementor (version 3.18.3) and WordPress (version 6.2.2), are up to date.

Could you guide me towards potential solutions to resolve this issue? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated so that I can make my site fully operational for the public.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Best regards,
    Enescan

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

Please, disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us with your admin and FTP access. We will log in and check what is wrong there. You can leave only the following plugins that are required for our theme:
    WoodMart core
    WooCommerce
    Elementor/WPBakery page builder

Thank you in advance

enescan.ozbel
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt response.

To facilitate the resolution of the issue between the .htaccess file and the “woodmart-core” plugin following our site migration, I have disabled all plugins not related to your theme. For further investigation and troubleshooting, I am providing you with administrative and FTP access to our website.

I appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,
    Enescan

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Currently, there is no error on your website. Could you please reproduce it now so we can investigate it further?

Kind Regards

enescan.ozbel
    Participant

Hello,

It seems that the issue no longer appears since I have disabled all plugins except those you requested. I will investigate on my end to identify which disabled plugin might be causing the problem and understand the slowdown issues since the deactivation of various plugins.

Thank you, and I will keep you updated!

Best regards,
    Enescan

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sure, let me know if the issue appears again so I can check.

Kind Regards

enescan.ozbel
    Participant

Sorry for the inconvenience, but the problem has reappeared following the site update, and the error is blocking my entire server…

You can check if you can do something.

Kind Regards,

Enescan

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We can’t even navigate your dashboard now. But it looks like the problem is not caused by the theme. Please, contact your hosting provider and ask what these 500 server errors are caused by.

Kind Regards

enescan.ozbel
    Participant

I’ve already asked my hosting provider, OVH, and here is their response :

“Hello,

I completely understand your concern and the problem you are facing. Your website is displaying a 500 error, which indicates a failure in interpreting its source code. Therefore, your server is no longer able to interpret it to display your site correctly.

This could be due to a recent update of your site, or to the configuration of your hosting (PHP version, execution environment).
    To consult and/or modify the configuration of your hosting, I encourage you to follow this guide: https://help.ovhcloud.com/csm/fr-web-hosting-modify-configuration?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0052997

I have just checked the proper functioning of your services and I confirm that no incidents are noted on our infrastructures at our level.

As your request goes beyond the scope of services we provide to our clients, I inform you that our support cannot assist you on this matter.”

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

When server generates 500 error there should be an error in the code which should appear in the logs. This information is also stated in your provider’s response

failure in interpreting its source code

That is why you need to ask your provider to send you this error or check it yourself in the error log file. Unfortunately, we don’t have access to your error logs and can’t check this for you.

Kind Regards

enescan.ozbel
    Participant

Hello,

I finally managed to correct the problem. Thank you for your advice and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you sorted it out! Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘.htaccess and woodmart-core Plugin Conflict’ is closed to new replies.