Home Forums WoodMart support forum HTML Mobile optimized version unstable

HTML Mobile optimized version unstable

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Noire
    Participant

Hi guys,

Great idea this html block mobile version. I am having a little problem with the stability of it though. It works great initially but then it defaults back to the old version eventually. Can you help me please?

It is the homepage that I have this problem with.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please clarify how to reproduce the problem on your website? Send us some screenshots as well.

Kind Regards

Noire
    Participant

I created a mobile version of my homepage using the html block.when i check my mobile, the new version I created with the html blocks appear and seems to work fine. after a while and I check my mobile again, it shows the old layout I had before the html block version.

When I clear the cache it works again, but after a few minutes it defaults to the old mobile version again.

See the differences in the two versions in the video below. The first version seen in the video is the old layout, the second is obviously the new. Please help.

https://www.loom.com/share/d23e1867b76745ea9dcfa22ad0082d72

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It looks like your cache plugin doesn’t support a separate cache for mobile devices. We have WP Rocket on our demo and it works well.

Noire
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using WP Fastest Cache Premium and it does have a separate cache for mobile devices. But I am still having the problem.

Noire
    Participant

Even when I use WP Rocket I am experiencing issues. When I enable caching for mobile devices it shows the mobile optimization on the phone as well as on the desktop. I dont want that.

I purged the page cache, url cache, cloudflare cache, everything and still having issues.

The attached images show in order:
    1. the WP rocket mobile feature enabled.
    2. The html block mobile optimization showing on my desktop version.
    3. WP fastest cache with the mobile cache feature enabled. (Not at the same time as wp rocket)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, activate the WP Rocket and disable other cache plugins so we can check how it works.

Kind Regards

Noire
    Participant

Hello,

I sent the login credentials to the website, please activate Wp Rocket and disable Wp Fastest Cache when you are doing your checks.

My site is live and I do not know how soon you will be able to troubleshoot this problem due to our different time zones. Therefore my visitors would be seeing a not so attractive page if I activate Wp Rocket and have to wait until you can check the problem.

Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, you need to create a staging development copy of your website. There, you will be able to do such kind of experiments without any harm to your production website.
    We need to be able to test your website without third-party plugins.

Kind Regards

Noire
    Participant

I do not have enough resources on my hosting to create another staging site. With all due respect you are simply disabling and enabling plugins and checking an error. Why is this so complicated?

Noire
    Participant

Here is our current staging site. It is different to our current site so I dont have the mobile optimized version here. Maybe you can add any html block thats there and hopefully replicated the issue.

I hope my first message was not offensive to you, was far from my intention. We seem to have many issues happening at once and it is all so overwhelming.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

OK, thank you. Could you please also deactivate all plugins that are not related to our theme on your staging website and configure the WP Rocket so we can test how it works?

Thank you in advance.

Noire
    Participant

done.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

A separate mobile cache option was deactivated on your website. We have turned it on and it seems to be working correctly now.

Noire
    Participant

Are you talking about on the staging site? The problem is on my live site. I have a seperate mobile cache activated with WP fastest Cache. This is one of the first things I explained.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, it works well on the staging website with WP Rocket. So it means that the problem with your cache plugin on the live website.

Noire
    Participant

I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear enough. Let me explain.

I tried Wp Fastest Cahe and then I tried WP Rocket.

There was no change or difference between the two, I am having the same issue.

I deactivated WP Rocket and re enabled WP Fastest cache which seems to work better.

They both work for 5-10 minutes but after that the HTML blocks dont work and it defaults to the old layout.

The mobile html only works for a few minutes.

Let me know if there is anything I may not have explained thoroughly. Really would like this problem solved.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But we have tested this on your staging website and it works well there. Could you please check it from your side?
    Probably, there are some other factors on your live website that cause this problem.

Noire
    Participant

Artem, the reason I raised this ticket is because I dont know what the issue is on my live site. I don’t even have a developer which makes it hard enough on me, I am trying to figure things out on my own. I need you guys to help me find out what the problem is, this is why I pay for support.

Its great that it’s working on the staging site, but as I said before, the staging site is an older version of my current site. I spent days creating the mobile version only to be disappointed with this issue, all I ask is for your assistance in locating and correcting the error on my LIVE site.

If necessary, we can put the site in maintenance mode so that customers dont see the work on the front end but I need this fixed. Please.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, and we already told you that there is a problem with the cache mechanism on your live website. It doesn’t server separate files for desktop and mobile devices. It is not something that we can fix in our theme. We don’t know why this plugin works differently on live and staging websites.

Noire
    Participant

How is that possible when I activated the same wp rocket cache on my live site and it still didn’t work?

The Wp Rocket you tested with on my staging site is the same one that I have installed on my live site.

If it works on the staging site it should work on the live site no?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, it should work well. Please, disable all external plugins on your live website temporarily so we can test. They might affect this functionality too.

Noire
    Participant

Okay I will do that now

Noire
    Participant

The plugins are disabled.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We have activated the WP Rocket plugin and this option works correctly for us at the moment.

Noire
    Participant

Okay, hopefully it continues to work, but that haven’t been the case so far.

Noire
    Participant

Hi,

Is it still working on your side?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, it works correctly on our side now.

Kind Regards

Noire
    Participant

It works on my side in relation to mobile phone devices( I am afraid to clear the cache as this may cause this to not work correctly again). However it is not showing correctly on tablets. Can you take a look please.

Also the htmal version sometimes show on the desktop after clearing the cache to update changes to the site. Please see the attached image.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

What kind of tablet device do you use? Please, attach the screenshot less than 512KB or upload it to some cloud storage.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)