Home Forums WoodMart support forum HTML Mobile optimized version unstable

HTML Mobile optimized version unstable

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Noire
    Participant

Hello,

I am using an Amazon fire kindle. I’m not sure how to upload it to my laptop or the cloud as wierd as that sounds.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we don’t have this device to test. Could you please check how it works on our demo with this tablet?

Noire
    Participant

Sure. Is there a direct link to your demo?

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

Demo link: https://woodmart.xtemos.com/

Kind Regards

Noire
    Participant

On this device, your demo simply looks just like the mobile version of the desktop site. No change or optimization as with mine through the html block. Not sure how this helps.

Eric Watson
    Participant

To define a mobile device, we use the standard wp_is_mobile WordPress function, it seems that it cannot define your device as a mobile device, therefore it shows desktop content unfortunately we do not have a solution on how to include your device in the mobile list.

Regards

Noire
    Participant

Hello,

That is wierd because when I use nitro pack it works perfectly on all mobile devices. I do not want to continue using nitro pack because it does not boost my site performance like wp rocket does.

But it shows that this is not a problem caused by the standard wp_is_mobile WordPress function not being able to identify my device as mobile.

There must be a way to fix this.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry, but we don’t have a fix to this problem yet. It is a core WordPress function and our theme doesn’t influence it. Probably, nitropack uses some different mechanism.

Kind Regards

Noire
    Participant

Hi guys,

I found a fix for this problem. I am sharing the link with you from WP Rocket documentation. It turns out their mobile cache does not include tablets, therefore they have a “helper plugin” to fix this.

I just thought I would share it with you incase one of your customers complain about the problem, now you will have a solution for them.

Also maybe you can consider adding this to your demo site. When I checked your demo site on tablet like you asked me to, it looked like the caching wasnt working there either.

Cheers and thanks.

https://docs.wp-rocket.me/article/708-mobile-caching

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad that you found the solution. And thank you for sharing it with us.

Kind Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)