Home Forums WoodMart support forum I can't update Woodmart theme

I can't update Woodmart theme

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

sguslicky
    Participant

Hi there.
    My Woodmart theme version is 30.7.0. I would like to update to the latest version but it is impossible because there is no updating.
    Can you help me please?

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and provide admin access as well as FTP access to the private area. Please read these suggestions just for the information https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/3-x-4-0-migration-guide/

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello again!
    Admin access and FTP access are in the private area.

Hello,

The theme has been successfully updated. Please check.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

I’m sorry but site is broken now! 🙁 Everything looks ugly, most buttons don’t work and my russian translate disappeared…
    What should we do now? Should I restore the last backup?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

sguslicky
    Participant

2 pic

Attachments:

sguslicky
    Participant

3 pic

Attachments:

sguslicky
    Participant

4 pic

Attachments:

sguslicky
    Participant

last pic

Attachments:

sguslicky
    Participant

I’m sorry for impatience. My boss is waiting for my answer and he still doesn’t know about site break down. I have to restore the last backup now. However, can you tell me is it possible to update theme without mistakes and losing my options?

Hello,

The site has been updated again https://gyazo.com/cd7cff2255a48d4ca383f87056da50b6

As you can see no crash or problems. Please check.

Last time when I updated the site looked the same. If you have any problems, please deactivate the plugins not related to the theme and check.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello.
    Thanks for help.
    Site dosen’t have crash now. But there are some problems still. I’ve lost some css and php code and russian translate. My HTML blocks disappeared. Maybe something else that I didn’t find yet.
    Unfortunately you didn’t warn me before doing second updating.
    Just tell me please, is it possible to restore lost data like css/php code, russian translate, lost HTML blocks and other unknown things without making backup?

Hello,

Please restore the site from the backup once more.

Install and activate the child theme and move all the PHP customization into the child theme.

Put all the CSS into the Theme settings > Custom CSS

Save the Loco translation here: in wp-content/languages/themes/woodmart-pt_PT.po folder.

Then let me know and I will update the theme again and nothing would be lost.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello,

tell me, when I install and activate the child theme, will all the theme settings are customized and configured for this moment be lost? I want to get ready completely.

Hello,

No, when you activate the child theme (as far as I remember it has been already installed) no settings would be lost. In any case, you have the backup. I have exported the theme settings before the update, do the same: Theme Settings > Import/Export

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello.
    Please, don’t close this topic yet. I think I will be ready to update theme again in 2 days.
    Thanks.

Hello,

I will not close. As soon as you are ready, contact us. We shall update.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello!
    I’m back.
    I think today we can update the theme.
    What did I do to this moment: I made the backup; I’ve saved PHP and CSS codes; I’ve exported theme and header setting; I’ve saved language files (I also saved language file from sharing).
    Before updating I need to activate child, as you said.
    As I understand I can do it in “WoodMart” -> “Base import” -> “Demo versions” and then I should to seletc one the themes from the list and press “set up version”. Which one should I select not to lose my theme settings?

Hello,

Please confirm I can update the theme. In order to export the theme settings, you should go to Theme Settings > Import/Export

“WoodMart” -> “Base import” -> “Demo versions” 

This is wrong! Do not do that.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

I will confirm you when everything will be ready.

This is wrong! Do not do that.

Then how should I activate child theme?

Hello,

You upload, install the child theme in the same way as you do with the parent theme: first of all you need to install the parent theme, then upload and install the child theme.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello.
    I’ve found child theme in “Appearance” -> “Themes” and activated it. I’ve pasted my php code in functions.php of Woodmart child theme. Is that correct?

Hello,

Yes, that is right. Make sure you have inserted all your custom CSS in the Theme Settings > Custom CSS, export the theme settings in the Theme Settings > Export/ Import and save your translation files in wp-content/languages/themes/woodmart-pt_PT.po folder.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve done everything.
    Let’s try to update the theme now.
    I hope it will be successfully now…

Hello,

The theme has been updated please check.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello.
    The theme crashed again and has the same problems just like in the first time

sguslicky
    Participant

Should I restore the backup again?

sguslicky
    Participant

New automatic backup will be made in an hour by my hosting company. So I have to restore the last backup. Let’s try again in some time. I’m sure the next time we’ll do it ultimately.

sguslicky
    Participant

I will text you the nearest time. Thank you for patience!

Hello,

Ok. Let me know.

Best Regards

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘I can't update Woodmart theme’ is closed to new replies.