Home Forums WoodMart support forum I can't update Woodmart theme

I can't update Woodmart theme

Viewing 25 posts - 31 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello,

Let’s try again.

Hello,

Please check now.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello,

I’m sorry but again crash. I don’t understand why. I can make skreenshots for you but it looks like after the first update or after the last. Only the second try of updating was correct but you remember I’ve lost my code and theme settings after that time because of parrent theme.

What should we do now?

Hello,

Please restore the version where you moved all in the child theme. Yesterday I updated and there were no problems.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve restored the last backup. This backup is before moving all in the child theme. Should I activate the child theme and move all to that&?

sguslicky
    Participant

You will read my messages in some hourse, probably. So I decided to write the plan. I know you’re tired of the updating of my site and believe I’m tired of this promlem. I just want to solve this task to update my site. It is necessary if I want to solve another tasks and make my site ready for working.
    So, what do we have now? My site is on the parrent theme now. As I understand, I should do the next:

1. Export the theme settings
    2. Export code of the header settings
    3. Save translate file in the language folder, as you said
    4. Save php and css code on my pc
    5. Move to the child theme
    6. Move my php code from functions.php of the parent theme to functions.php of the child theme
    7. Move my css code from theme sittings of the parent theme to theme sittings of the child theme (if they’ll disappear)
    8. Import my theme settings and code of the header (if they’ll disappear too)
    9. Upload translation file to the languange folder (if it’ll disappear)

And then I should text you that you can update my theme.
    Is that right? Tell me if I wrote something wrong.
    I actually did abcolutely the same before.

I wil wait for you answer. Thank you!

Hello,

Here are the steps which you should do:

1. Activate the child theme;

2. Move all PHP custom code to the functions.php of the child theme;

3. Move all CSS / JS into the Theme Settings > Custom CSS / JS accordingly;

4. Check your site and make sure everything is ok. Clean the cache in browser and check if there are any problems. If no problems, go to the next step:

5. Make the backup of this version of the site and save separately;

6. Export the Theme Settings in Theme settings > Export / Import

Let me know when you are ready.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve done all you said.
    I’m ready.

Hello,

I have updated and see the problems again. Please deactivate the plugins not related to the theme and check the site, then activate one by one trying to detect which one causes the problem.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello,

Nothing changes.
    I’ve deactivated the plugins not related to the theme (except Revolution Slider, WPBakery Builder, WooCommerce, Contact Form 7 and Yoast) but nothing changed.
    Then I activated plugins that deactivared before one by one and I checked the site every time but nothing changed.

I’m desperate

Hello,

Please remove all the HTML code from the Header builder. http://prntscr.com/q9tmw1

Please check your site and provide list of problems with functionality if any, if everything works well, compose the list of problems with elements display, we shall find the way to solve them.

This update is difficult as some of the features were removed and somme have been added.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve removed all the HTML code from the header builder. Nothing changed.
    The list of problems with the functionality:
    -buttons in the top of the header are not clickable;
    -the list of the first button of the top header doesn’t open
    -the searching block doesn’t work;
    -“return to shop” button doesn’t work and looks badly;
    -the cart icon is broken;
    -the sale on the products looks badly;
    -filter works but looks badly;
    -brad crumbs looks badly;
    -sorting button looks badly but works;
    -number of products columns works but looks badly;
    -single product page looks very bad;
    -a product picture looks bad;
    -a button of product number looks bad but works;
    -comments looks bad;
    -if I push buy button, a picture of the product closes a half of the header;
    -the information about the order looks badly;
    -maybe many other things. I need more time to write big list.

I will make many skreenshots and send them here.

By the way. Do you remember that the second trying of the updating was without any crash and problems? It looked really good but it was parent theme and I lost my settings and some code. Thats why we restored the backup in that time. But the updating was really successfull unlike now! Why it was successfully in that time? Maybe we should update the theme from the parent theme and move to the child theme after the updating?

sguslicky
    Participant

Please, tell me, should I restore the last backup?

sguslicky
    Participant

1 – 4

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

sguslicky
    Participant

5 – 8

Attachments:

sguslicky
    Participant

9 – 12

Attachments:

Hello,

If you have the possibility to clone your site to some staging host it would be fine: in this case, I will update the theme as we did in the second time, and then you will carefully move your customization from the staging site to the live. You can restore the backup now I will update again.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello,

Unfortunately I don’t have the possibility to clone my site to some staging host.
    I have two backups now. The first is before moving to the child theme (the parent theme), the second is after moving to the child theme (the child theme before th elast updating). I’ve restored the first backup. You may try to update the theme like in the second time.

Hello,

Please restore the backup again. Make sure it is the first backup. I will try again. I updated but the site has been crashed.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve restored the backup. I’ve checked this backup. This is really the first backup, before moving to the child theme. You can check it in admin panel. This backup was made before preparing to the updating. Just like before the second updating.
    You may try again.
    And by the way. I’ve commented my php code in functions.php
    I’m not sure but maybe it will help you. If I shouldn’t do it I can fix it.
    In general, good luck to you.

Hello,

I have updated and this time site has not been crashed https://gyazo.com/76ec1c8e9a925538ba43eb1e8f4b983d

I have checked a few points from the problems, everything works.

Please make up the backup # 3 of the current site.

Then transfer your customization part by part checking the functionality and view, don’t even breath :))

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Hello!

We finally did it! It works, it really works! I’m jumping for joy!
    Thank you very very much!! Thank you for your efforts and patience! You are really great!

I have to ask you one more thing. Will I receive the next updates automatically in admin panel?

Hello,

Yes, if you have activated the theme you will receive the update, and you will be able to update just in one click, Dashboard > Appearance > Themes > Woodmart (parent) – enter – update. Do not forget to make a backup before the update in any case. If you have any problems, contact us.

Best Regards

sguslicky
    Participant

Roger that!
    Thanks again!

You are welcome!

Viewing 25 posts - 31 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘I can't update Woodmart theme’ is closed to new replies.