Home Forums WoodMart support forum IMPORTANT Website down and intermittent

IMPORTANT Website down and intermittent

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    Our website has been down and also intermittent. See below the email that i got today, can you advise exactly how to do this so i dont make any mistakes and mess-up our website.
    I have downloaded the file but have no instructions.

WordPress Themes & Website Templates from ThemeForest

26th November 2019

Hi undercontrolltd,
    We’d like to let you know that an update to your item WoodMart – Responsive WooCommerce WordPress Theme by xtemos is now available in your Downloads page.
    Remember: you need to be logged in to download the update.

Login as undercontrolltd and download this update

You may manage notifications for your items from your downloads.

Copyright Envato 2019
    Manage Email Settings | About Us | Terms of Use

Hello,

We have released a new version of WoodMart theme that is why you have received this message. Please make the full backup of your site and update the theme following this instructions: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/update-theme-2/

Best Regards

Is this not available via plugin updates? This would be easier.

Hello,

You cannot update the theme in the Plugins tab, you can update the theme in the Themes tab. Please read and follow the provided instructions, there are ways of theme updated just by one click.

Best Regards

I have been told by our hosters that the script is loading slowing, (over 2 mins), this is causing us to get a 504 bad gateway, can you look at this, it seems to be settling down from this morning but its still very slow loading.

My theme is already activated so it should be auto-updated then?

Hello,

Once again: the blog page is the functional page and you cannot add any content there. Remove all the content fro the page and check http://prntscr.com/q29ktu

If you want to have a page with content and posts, create a custom page as I suggested above.

Best Regards

is this for me???
    We were discussing a different subject.
    Our website is still having problems.
    I cannot login at the back end as it keeps showing 504 gateway.

Hello,

I am very sorry, the recent response was sent to you by mistake. Please switch to the default theme and check the issue to detect if our theme causes the problem. Most likely, your website performance suffers from the content you have added to your website. It may happen in case of too many plugins, large not optimized images or other resources. So we suggest you remove unnecessary plugins, install some kind of JS & CSS optimizing plugins like Better WordPress Minify and a caching plugin like WP Super Cache.

As for updating. Please activate your license and then go to the Dashboard > Themes > enter the theme and press “Update”. Do not forget to take the full backup of your site before updating.

Best Regards

Hi again, I think there’s a real problem with the theme as I have tried everything you have suggested and still find that we see the 504 gateway error. I have spoken to the hosting company and its not a problem from there side.
    I need to have this website running correctly ASAP, please advise.

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and provide your site admin access as well as FTP access.

Best Regards

See below details, we are having loads of customer call to complain and unable to place orders.
    Can you do this ASAP

Please advise the status.

Hello,

I see your theme has been updated now.

I have deactivated and deleted CMB2 and Redux Framework plugins as they are no more needed and when they are activated.

You have 48 activated plugins. This causes the problem of 504 gateway. Revise and deactivate excessive and duplicating the theme functionality, for example:

Advanced AJAX Product Filters for WooCommerce

Delete the plugin which one time used. In other words, try to decrease the plugin numbers to the minimum and check the site you will notice that there is no problem.

Best Regards

Ok thanks, will delete some plugins

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘IMPORTANT Website down and intermittent’ is closed to new replies.