Home Forums Basel support forum Instagram API Connect Error

Instagram API Connect Error

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Deluxe
    Participant

When I go through the setup, I select my Facebook account and get the following message:

Get instagram account id :(#100) Object does not exist, cannot be loaded due to missing permission or reviewable feature, or does not support this operation. This endpoint requires the ‘pages_read_engagement’ permission or the ‘Page Public Content Access’ feature or the ‘Page Public Metadata Access’ feature. Refer to https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review/login-permissions#manage-pages, https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review/feature#reference-PAGES_ACCESS and https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review/feature#page-public-metadata-access for details.

Running Basel theme, version 5.7.2, all patches have been applied.

Hello,

As per the message you see, something is wrong with the Facebook/Instagram account settings.

Please check this manual and follow the instructions: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/how-to-setup-instagram-api-2/

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Deluxe
    Participant

It is still not working correctly. The link provided does not give any additional information on this issue. The business account and the business page have been set up quite some time ago and the API works with other apps.

Deluxe
    Participant

Any additional help on this issue? The links given in the error message point to the Facebook Developer API and do not help for resolving issues on the user side.

Hello,

The massages you quote relate to Facebook/Instagram settings.

You need to check the setting that side. Do you mean login in Facebook/Google, if you do, please check these manuals:

https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/how-to-configure-facebook-login-2/

and

https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/how-to-configure-google-login-2/

Best Regards

Deluxe
    Participant

No, this is not related to Facebook/Google log in settings. I’m not sure why my original post is unclear. Let me explain it again.

I have the Basel theme, version 5.7.2. I go Theme Settings -> Instagram API I click on “Connect”.
    It first redirects me to a Facebook page that says “Reconnect to XTemos? This will re-establist you previous settings for this connection”. I click “Reconnect.”
    I then get a message that says “[Facebook Name] has been connected to XTemos. To manage this connection, go to Business Integrations”. I click “Got it”.
    It redirects me to a page with url xtemos.com/instagram.php?code=… and says “Select your facebook account: [Link to my Facebook account]”. I click on the link to my Facebook business account. It then shows the error message as shown in the screenshot attached. The only option is “Cancel and return”.

There are no additional settings I can change in my Facebook/Instagram account that I have found that relate to the error message. The links provided from Facebook, and the ones replied in this post, are not giving me any useful information. I have followed the documentation to connect the Instagram API but it does not work.

Can a developer that has knowledge of the Instagram API look into this and see what is causing this issue? Is there some hidden setting buried in Facebook/Instagram that is causing this? Is there anyone that might know what the issue may be here?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please insert the site admin access into the Private content below the message area. We will take a closer look at the case.

We will test it with our page.

Best Regards

Deluxe
    Participant

See message for admin access

Hello,

I am testing Instagram I have connected the account without any problems: https://prnt.sc/i9cq8AX_CIgI

Most likely, something is not configured properly on the Facebook/Instagram side.

Please check.

Best Regards

Deluxe
    Participant

Please check what? Can you give any hint as to what setting is configured incorrectly? I can’t debug your app to figure out which particular FB/IG setting is causing this error. I’ve already looked through all the documentation provided and it doesn’t help. And navigating through Facebook and Instagram settings isn’t helping since there is nothing obvious that looks wrong.

Is there anyone on your development team that knows how this plug in works that can give more guidance than simply, “something is not configured properly”? This does not help me solve the issue.

Hello,

I have submitted the case to our developers for double-checking.

We will get back to you in the near future.

Best Regards

Hello,

Ther error on the screen shows that the error is caused by this option pages_read_engagement that has not been enabled: https://monosnap.com/file/pjmuqqcminqxuJBGWgOeQ6TwsCSkQ5

You need to check this option in the application and make sure that the API calls column has “Ready to use” as shown on the screen.

If it does not solve the problem we will need your access to Facebook/Instagram account.

Best Regards

Deluxe
    Participant

I don’t understand why you included a screenshot from the Meta for Developers (developers.facebook.com) website. That website is used to develop Facebook and Instagram applications, not for me to grant access to an app your company developed. I don’t have access to the Xtemos Instagram API app, that’s only something that your developers have access to.

I looked in every possible setting I could find on Facebook and Instagram and researched for answers. I cannot find anywhere that will allow me to grant the ‘pages_read_engagement’ permission or the ‘Page Public Content Access’ feature or the ‘Page Public Metadata Access’ feature to your app. Nowhere in my Facebook or Instagram settings do I see any Xtemos app connected or where I can enable these settings.

Connecting my Instagram account should not be this complicated and it should not require doing anything with the developers.facebook.com website. There must be some setting that is not correct that your documentation has failed to reference, or that your developers are not mentioning.

I can provide access to the Facebook page if I have an Xtemos developer email that I can invite to my business account. I can then provide admin access to the page.

Hello,

API Instagram works by means of Meta for Developers (developers.facebook.com)

At the same time, some of the applications in Facebook requires pages_manage_posts, pages_manage_metadata, pages_read_engagement to be enabled to make Instagram work. Please check these options to be enabled.

Best Regards

Deluxe
    Participant

And where is the documentation that discusses any of this? Because the guide you have on your website for the Instagram API makes absolutely no mention of any of these settings, nor the need for a developer app, nor how to set it up.

Also you keep saying to check the options and make sure they’re enabled, yet no guidance on where they are to be found, if they even exist. I have looked though every single setting I could find and nowhere do these options exist for a non developer.

Is it not possible to provide any kind of assistance other than simply saying to check settings, which as far as I can tell simply don’t exist? If I need to do something in the developer site, then where is the guide for that? It is not a straightforward process like you’re making it out to seem.

Again, this should not be this complicated to set up. Based on the generic responses I’m getting, it doesn’t seem like anyone with direct knowledge of this app has bothered to look at this issue. Otherwise I should have received a resolution by now.

Hello,

Our guidance covers plugging in the ready Facebook/Instagram account as Facebook/Instagram configuration does not relate to any WordPress theme or the Basel theme from one side and they provide documentation from another side. That was Instagram policy and integration procedure change.

Please let us know if you have managed to solve the issue.

Best Regards

Deluxe
    Participant

No, I have not solved the issue because I have not received any guidance nor support to help resolve the issue. And it seems as if I am not going to receive any support on this forum because there has been no real attempt from Xtemos to actually research this error that is related to your plugin, which I have no ability to debug.

This entire thread can be summed up as follows: it works in our test environment, therefore it must be a problem on your end that you need to figure out. Good luck.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We provided you with all the information and guidance about how to configure Facebook and Instagram properly. If you want, we can do this for you. But we will need your Instagram and Facebook access in this case.

Kind Regards

Deluxe
    Participant

Access is in the private content. Please update once changes are made.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send the code or disable 2-factors authentication https://monosnap.com/file/R5puu1fjIOSdqUVyef95eOOphU6rFP

Deluxe
    Participant

See private content

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have released a patch #499818 to fix this bug. Please, check how it works on your website. We have applied it already.

Kind Regards

Deluxe
    Participant

Thank you, I can confirm it is working now.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, thank you for confirmation. We would kindly ask you to change your review on ThemeForest since your issue is sorted out. Thank you very much for understanding. https://themeforest.net/downloads

Deluxe
    Participant

Yes, I have updated the review. Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Thank you very much! Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Instagram API Connect Error’ is closed to new replies.