Home Forums WoodMart support forum Is it safe to disable Light bootstrap grid version and Include minified CSS ?

Is it safe to disable Light bootstrap grid version and Include minified CSS ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

supp0rt
    Participant

Hello,

I am currently trying to optimize the site a little bit more, so I am also using wp-rocket.

I have some CSS changes and added also some CSS, while these options were on.
    As I see now they appear to be deprecated, so I would like to ask:

1) If I disable these options and any other option that is under the menu performance and is deprecated, while this affect or remove any CSS classes that are used in any elements on the site?
    2) Also, if I use Woodmart’s lazy loading feature, should I add any exclusions in the defer or delay JS list?
    3) What file should I exclude for the menu to behave properly on all devices? Currently, I am using the option Hide when scrolling down, but the menu does not appear if I scroll up or down. The sticky header also does not apply.
    4) WP Rocket delay JS exclusions are enabled. I am guessing that the list is added internally in the files of wp-rocket. to ensure compatibility? So that’s the reason I do not see any items appearing inside the box?
    5) Do the deprecated options under the Performance settings, mean that the theme no longer applies these settings, because of better handling of CSS in wp-bakery or elementor? Or that they will no longer be maintained and are there just for backwards compatibility?

Best Regards,

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

The light bootstrap option should be always enabled so it will not conflict with your custom CSS. And the same for the minified CSS option. You don’t need to disable it in most cases.
    As for the delayed JS exception list, you need to refer to our documentation article here https://xtemos.com/wordpress-performance-optimization-the-ultimate-guide-in-2021/

Kind Regards

supp0rt
    Participant

Thank you for your answer.

About the CSS options: As these are marked as deprecated is there any chance on the feature to be removed? Also, if it is possible, can you please explain the reason for the deprecation? Also if I use the Remove unused CSS option from Wp-Rocket, then I can safely disable the deprecated options mentioned?

About the JS exclusion list, there is also an option inside the theme settings, under Performance -> Plugins -> WP Rocket delay JS exclusions.

If this is enabled, I must also add the list from the documentation?

Best Regards

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by supp0rt.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

All deprecated options have descriptions for their depreciation. You can find them in Theme Settings as a tooltip next to each option name.

As for the exclusion list, yes, you can enable this option which will do this automatically. But you still can add additional scripts to the list via the WP Rocket interface.

supp0rt
    Participant

Currently, on the Light CSS Grid, it only says “It should always be enabled”. So that’s the reason I was asking for more information, as this does not seem to point out the reason for the deprecation. I guess I had to be more specific on this option.

Thank you for your time on this one. If I have any other questions, I will contact you.

Best Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It should be always enabled because there are no use cases for loading the full version of Bootstrap. That is why we are going to delete this option in our future updates.

Kind Regards

supp0rt
    Participant

Appreciate the feedback on this one.

Can I also ask if it is normal for the images that are set as menu background images, on mega menu items, to have no lazy load applied to them? This suggestion appears for mobile devices mostly.

Best Regards,

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, they can’t be lazy-loaded unfortunately. In this case, you can enable AJAX dropdowns on desktop to improve the performance on mobile devices.

supp0rt
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I have followed the guide in most cases, but I would like to point out some issues with the exclusion list on the delayed JS. I have added the list and also I have enabled the setting from the theme settings panel, but there are still some issues.

1. The menu functionality on mobile devices is not the same. The menu does not remain sticky and also does not reappear if the user scrolls up. Also on the related
    2. On mobile devices, If the product contains more than one image (inside the related products carousel), the second image also appears on the thumbnail.

So should I exclude any other file? I have also added a link to a product where the second problem appears.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Try to add the headerBuilder file to that list also and test how it works.

2. Can you please send us a screenshot so we can better understand what you mean?

Kind Regards

supp0rt
    Participant

Thank you @admin for your reply:

1. Now the menu works as expected.
    2. I have attached an image. You can see how it appears.

Best Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We tested a few product pages on your website but we don’t see this problem. Check this screenshot https://gyazo.com/f8a9bf7d4d074255da3d536b6d49b034

supp0rt
    Participant

This might be a problem with Remove Unused CSS. I also cleared again the cache of preload and RUCSS and now it appears to be fixed also on my end.

I will keep an eye on this and will inform you again hear. If possible, update the optimization guide with the headerBuilder.

Thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sure, we will update the documentation, thank you.

Kind Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Is it safe to disable Light bootstrap grid version and Include minified CSS ?’ is closed to new replies.