Home Forums WoodMart support forum Issue with HTMLL Blocks translations

Issue with HTMLL Blocks translations

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

psivel
    Participant

Hi,

I have an issue translating my HTML Blocks with WPML translation tool. So the fix I’ve found was to copy the HTML from my main language and paste it in the other languages to apply my changes.

But since today (maybe since Woodmart last update), the raw HTML blocks which I could copy and edit in my new language are now kinda encoded.

For example the following Raw HTML:

ANGEL
    <span class=”tooltipcontent”>
    3 couleurs
    </span>

Becomes this in Classic Mode:

[vc_raw_html css=”.vc_custom_1562100038353{margin-top: -18px !important;}”]JTNDYSUyMGNsYXNzJTNEJTIydG9vbHRpcDQlMjIlMjBocmVmJTNEJTIyJTJGcHJvZHVpdCUyRmFuZ2VsJTJGJTIyJTNFJTBBJTIwJTIwJTIwQU5HRUwlMEElMjAlMjAlMjAlM0NzcGFuJTIwY2xhc3MlM0QlMjJ0b29sdGlwY29udGVudCUyMiUzRSUzQ2ltZyUyMHNyYyUzRCUyMiUyRndwLWNvbnRlbnQlMkZ1cGxvYWRzJTJGMjAxOSUyRjAyJTJGYW1iaWFuY2VfYW5nZWxfNDQ4eDU5My0xLmpwZyUyMiUzRSUwQTMlMjBjb3VsZXVycyUwQSUzQyUyRnNwYW4lM0UlMEElM0MlMkZhJTNFJTBB[/vc_raw_html]

So I cannot change this content to adapt it to my new language…

How come this content is no more “human readable” as it was before ?

Hello,

You need to create two cloned HTML blocks for each language and then navigate to WPML > String Translation > Choose the admin_text_woodmart_option from the dropdown and find the title and the content block http://prntscr.com/lx5qpz insert the ID shortcode.

Best Regards

psivel
    Participant

Hi,

I use this solution for the HTML Block I use in my Promo popup (so I already know this) but with the Block I want to edit now it doesn’t fix the issue. In fact I already have 5 clone Blocks for my 5 languages since a long time now and each one is correctly displayed in each language (the block in question is used for my drop-down navigation menu) so I didn’t even need to do the String Translation thing.

But for the menu Block I want to change, when I edit other languages with WP Bakery I’m loosing all my formatting (see image screenshots_menus.jpg). So I tried to do my translation with WPML Translation Tool (see image editeur_traduction_bug.jpg) but It doiesn’t work either because the Ajax wheel turns indefinitely and nothing is saved.

So the ultimate solution I’ve found is to copy the HTML from my main language block (FR), paste it in my clone block and do my changes. Like this I didn’t loose my formatting and my changes were saved.

So my problem is not that the system doesn’t find the correct translation (which I could fix with the String Translation trick you give me) but that I just cannot edit the Raw HTML anymore because it is now not human readable.

In my case, I would need to change “3 couleurs” to “3 kleuren” but with the raw HTML code I have pasted above it’s not possible… (see image editeur_administration.jpg).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

As for the image editeur_administration.jpg what do you see, when you press Backend editor?

I do not understand this image editeur_traduction_bug.jpg

You can save the HTML as a template and then insert it and edit. https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/html-blocks-2/#posts_products_page

Best Regards

psivel
    Participant

Hi,

When I click on Backend Editor (I think it’s “Editeur de l’administration” in French) I have all the WP Bakery blocks ans I can edit them to change my content in other languages. But if I do that in other languages than FR, I loose all my formatting (the margins, paddings etc…) and I get the result you can see in screenshots_menus.jpg (giant line heigth in my NL version) and there is no way to fix that (I tried to increase negative margins etc…) even if the margin settings are exactly the same as in my main language version. But if I copy/paste the HTML from FR to NL for example, my formatting is OK but in order to do that I must be able to edit manually the HTML and now the content of the Raw HTML tags is kinda encoded.

The image editeur_traduction_bug.jpg shows the use of WPML Translation Tool. Instead of editing different versions of my HTML Block changing the language with the language menu in the WP toolbar, I edit the translations clicking on each language in the right column below “Translations”. Then I get WPML Translation Tool with main language on the left and translation on the right. Here, if I can save my changes (as if I want to translate a Page for example) it’s OK, my changes are saved and my formatting is OK too. But for HTML Blocks, when I click save, the Ajax wheel is running indefinitely and nothing can be saved…

So:
    – Editing translations with WP Bakery: Save is OK but formatting is lost
    – Editing translations with WPML translation tool: Impossible to save

Finally I don’t see the point to save the HTML Block as a template because as I told you, this block is a dropdown menu in my main navigation. So I have my 5 HTML Blocks in my 5 languages and then each one if affected to the right menu option in my Appearance -> Menus settings. In this particular case I don’t use shortcodes (see attached).

I think my problem is just that there are 2 bugs: 1 in WP Bakery that losses all my formatting when editing other languages, 1 in WPML that makes impossible to save with Translation Tool…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

You need to create different HTML blocks for different languages. Do not create a translation as you translate pages or posts.

Do you have any problems with the paddings when you just create HTML fill it out with the content?

Best Regards

psivel
    Participant

No when I create a file from scratch as I do with my main language paddings et all are OK so I guess it will be the same if I create all the translations manually. But if I do that I will lose all the benefits of a tool like WPML and it’s very heavy to work like that in 5 languages…

I’ve opened a ticket on WPML to see if they can help me with this. I’ll let you know.

Hello,

HTML blocks are custom solution unique for our theme only. That is why you will have to create manually translations and then assign them appropriately as I mentioned above. As for the products, pages, and posts, you can translate them traditionally.

You need to create two cloned HTML blocks for each language and then navigate to WPML > String Translation > Choose the admin_text_woodmart_option from the dropdown and find the title and the content block http://prntscr.com/lx5qpz insert the ID shortcode.

Best Regards

psivel
    Participant

I was not aware that HTML Blocks are unique to your theme. However they are also translatable with the Classic WPML Translation Tool as the pages and posts. In fact the bug was caused by 2 plugins that I had to deactivate and then it is possible to edit HTML Blocks translations with WPML tools and save them with no problems. The issue is solved now. Thank you !

Hello,

Header builder and HTML blocks are translated in the way I have described.

Best Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)