Home Forums Basel support forum Issue with Shop and Product Pages after update to 5.0

Issue with Shop and Product Pages after update to 5.0

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sessionwise
    Participant

Hi,

I updated to Basel 5.0 (from 4.8) and followed the instructions here https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/faq-guides-2/4-x-5-0-migration-guide/

When I updated, the shop and product pages are not rendering correctly – looks like they are going to some kind of error page (see screenshot)

The Homepage and other pages seem to rendering correctly. I’m using a child theme as well and when I disable it and Activate the main theme, it resolves the layout issues but removes some of the custom styling we did.

Any direction on how to resolve this would be very helpful.

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

You need to inspect which CSS code causes the problem and remove this code or correct it not to influence.

Best Regards

sessionwise
    Participant

Hi,

I just stripped out all of the CSS and it did not help the layout. Looks like the page is actually some kind of an error page. There is an ID of “error” in the HTML view source…

Any ideas? It all happened with the updgrade to 5.0

Thanks in advance

Hello,

1. Deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme.

2. Remove all the custom CSS and add partially checking the product page.

Best Regards

sessionwise
    Participant

OK thank you, that did not work but I figured it out.

In my child theme there is a directory for “woocommerce” which has some template modifications. Looks like the content-product-alt.php template changed in the new version and created some major issues with the woocommerce portion of the site. I removed this modified template and it brought everything back to normal.

That is fine. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Issue with Shop and Product Pages after update to 5.0’ is closed to new replies.