Home Forums WoodMart support forum Issue with variable product display

Issue with variable product display

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

juliette
    Participant

Hello support team,

I have an issue with one variable product that doesn’t happen with my other variable products.

In general, when a variation does not exist for specific attributes, these attributes are disabled and their icon is greyed (see screenshot 1).

However with the variable product that doesn’t work, the missing attributed are not disabled. Instead, a message appears saying that the variation was not found (see screenshot 2). However this isn’t user-friendly at all, I received feedbacks saying that users don’t understand why the variation doesn’t work.
    Could you please help me have the right display for the specific variable product?

I share with you admin access and the link to this product below.
    Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please edit each attribute item of the attribute “Taille” and enable swatch then check back.

Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/21d945d8bd0df060ae41687869b0fbec

Then check back.

Best Regards

juliette
    Participant

Hello Aizaz,

Well I would like to keep the drop down for this attribute because there are a lot of possible choices. To have them in line would look quite bad…
    Isn’t possible to solve this and keep a drop-down list?

Thank you

Hello,

You cannot grey out the attributes in the dropdown menu. That’s why you need to enable the swatches.

Best Regards

juliette
    Participant

Ok I understand.

Thank you for your help!

juliette
    Participant

So I put all attributes to swatches.
    However the display of unavailable variations is still the same… (see screenshot below).
    Any idea on how to change it?

Attachments:

Hello,

Please try re-creating the product then check back.

Best Regards

juliette
    Participant

All right I will. Thanks again!

juliette
    Participant

Hello Aizaz,

I erased and re-imported the product, however the display of unavailable variations is still the same…
    Would you have another idea to try?

Thank you

Attachments:

Hello,

Please check how it works with the default wordpress theme just to check whether the issue is with our theme or not.

Best Regards

juliette
    Participant

Hello Aizaz,

My website is live and running so I don’t feel very comfortable changing theme, even quickly.
    Is there another way to proceed?

Thank you

Hello,

If you cannot do it on the live site then create a staging site and try switching the theme.

Best Regards

juliette
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,

I get back to you on this topic.
    I still have a problem on the display of a variable product. To sum up what we said above, I have a variable product with different types of attributes, some of them have pictures and another, size, is only text.

With other variable products, when a combination of attribute doesn’t exist, the unavailable attributes are greyed out.
    However with this one, it doesn’t work the same. All types of attributes of an unavailable combination have to be selected before an error message appears.

You thought maybe the issue was that one of the attributes is text and so it wouldn’t grey out. You also wanted to check if there was a problem with the theme.
    However I just realized that other variable products with text attributes are working just fine and text is also greyed out when the combination doesn’t exist.

Could you please check again why this variable product in particular doesn’t display right although it is set up like others?
    You’ll find all necessary links and admin access below.

Many thanks

Hello,

As the issue is coming only to this product.

Please try removing the product and try creating it from scratch then check back after clearing the cache.

Best Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)