Home Forums WoodMart support forum Items marked New – can these items be filterable in shop sidebar? (Aizaz pls)

Items marked New – can these items be filterable in shop sidebar? (Aizaz pls)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

App8047
    Participant

Hi,
    Products that are marked as ‘New’ (the slider/switcher turned on), is there any way that these items marked as new can be filterable in the shop? Could you kindly advise how to do this? At the moment I only have a page set up which pulls the items marked as New (e.g. as a grid/carousel), but I’d like these new items to be filterable too in the sidebar. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Actually, New products are recently added products. You can sort them out by means of the default Woocommerce sorting. And you can set sorting products out by recently added in Appearance > Customize > Woocommerce > Product catalog.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

App8047
    Participant

Hi Elise, thanks for the fast answer. I’m not sure it answered my question.
    I don’t want to sort, I want to filter in the Shop sidebar. I don’t need the sorting by popularity and rating and things.

Is this possible somehow? If the books are marked inidividually as New there must be some way to filter them like this in the sidebar? (Like the screenshot attached).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please follow these steps to show the New products in the sidebar:

1. Please create an HTML block: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/html-blocks-usage/

2. Add a Product Grid or Carousel widget: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/products-element-grid-or-carousel/ configure to show New products.

3. Add the HTML block into Shop page widget area: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/widgets-and-sidebars/

Best Regards

App8047
    Participant

Hi Elise, thanks for your help.
    But it’s putting the books in the actual sidebar and not with a title and the grid on the right.
    Pls see screenshot attached. I can’t used Layered Nav as that only filters attributes.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by App8047.
    Attachments:

Hello,

You can replace the widget title as per your needs.

You would better configure the Product Grid / Carousel widget to have one product in the grid or make it as a carousel with one item rotating.

Best Regards

App8047
    Participant

Kindly read the question – or pass it on to Aizaz.

I already attached a screenshot what I was wanting to achieve.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry to say, but there is no filter for the “New” labeled products. As a workaround, you can create an attribute for such products and then you will be able to add a filter for that.

Kind Regards

App8047
    Participant

Hi Artem, many thanks for your help. I tried to set it up as an attribute adding a couple of books as terms, but it is listing the books, rather than filtering them . As there are around 65 need books, this doesn’t quite do the job very well as a long list in the sidebar. I also tried to create a subcategory and a new category and hide it from the other main categories…but this didn’t seem to work.

It sort of works by putting it in a list, but I’ve tried query AND and OR and both list the actual books rather than having a title e.g. New books from a product grid.

Is there any other workaround for this?
    Many thanks for trying to help with a solution.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You don’t need to add books as terms. You need to create only one term – “New”. Then you will need to add this term to all products that you want to mark as “New”. After that, you can put a filter for new products to the sidebar.

Kind Regards

App8047
    Participant

Hi Artem, thanks for the spoonfeeding, 🙂 I tried this (see attachment of how things are set up), tried also both the generic widget and the Layered Nav widget, but still nothing showing.

Have I added the term to the product in the right place (in the product settings)? 1st screenshot in the attachment.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Everything is OK except you are adding an attribute in the wrong way. You need to use the Attributes tab as shown on the screenshot https://gyazo.com/54db7cfd39489de0e7ff12137934e4b5
    But instead of Brand, you need to select your custom attribute.

Kind Regards

App8047
    Participant

Got it – thanks so much, Artem!

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, you are welcome!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Items marked New – can these items be filterable in shop sidebar? (Aizaz pls)’ is closed to new replies.