Home Forums WoodMart support forum JS file of menu

JS file of menu

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

webreturn
    Participant

Hi, when we hover the menu with litespeed plugin enable delayed loading then it is not working. See privact details. Which js file do we have to exclude to make this working?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Here is that JS file: js/scripts/menu/menuOffsets.js

Don’t hesitate to let me know if you need any further help or any other info.

Kind Regards

webreturn
    Participant

Hello Luke,

Thanks for your response!

When we disable the delayed for the JS file, the menu doesn’t open up at all.
    Is there any other files that are being used for the dropdown mega menu’s? We’re using HTML blocks and are not using AJAX loading.

Kind Regards

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you exactly what happened because we do not support that plugin therefore check your actions with the plugin’s documentation and add the below files to the exception:

jquery.min
    helpers.min.js
    clickOnScrollButton
    searchFullScreen
    menuOffsets
    menuDropdowns
    cartWidget
    mobileNavigation
    loginSidebar
    menuSetUp
    cart-fragments
    slick
    productImages
    cookie.min
    owl.carousel
    owlCarousel
    imagesLoaded

Kind Regards

webreturn
    Participant

Hi Luke,

Unfortunately adding the files does not work. Whenever we hover over an item in the main menu the background will be darker, but the HTML block does not show up. Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

We have created over 50 websites with Woodmart and most of them are using Litespeed caching, it would be nice if you could help us fix this issue.

Kind Regards,
    Max

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

At the moment I do not see the issue: https://take.ms/3zmte

Please let me know if you have sorted this out or If I missed something, send me access to the admin dashboard so I will check it on your side.

Kind Regards

webreturn
    Participant

Hello,

That’s because we disabled the delayed loading of JS on the main website, since the entire menu wasn’t working.
    It is however not working on this staging enviroment: https://janwit.nl/minmax/

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

May I request you send access to the staging site? So I can test the issue there.

Looking forward to collaborating with you!

Kind Regards

webreturn
    Participant

Of course, the login is in the private content.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Seems that access is wrong: https://monosnap.com/file/EDQchzp7fe9E2uChmMEGv46eOePeMB , could you please update it?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

webreturn
    Participant

Hi Luke,

My bad, please try again with the information in the private content (same as earlier).

webreturn
    Participant

Hi Luke,

It seems like the following line in file helpers.min.js triggers an event:
    jQuery(window).trigger("wdEventStarted")

This event is triggered inside an event listener for window.onload.

File menuOffsets.min.js adds an event listener to that event, but it seems like the event is either called too early or not at all, because when I manually run jQuery(window).trigger("wdEventStarted") the menu does work.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Most likely, the trigger doesn’t work because the menu doesn’t work. So please add the helpers.min.js file to the exceptions and recheck the issue.

Kind Regards

webreturn
    Participant

Hi Luke,

The helpers.min.js file was already excluded.
    What is the chain of scripts/events that should lead to the event listener in file menuOffsets.min.js being called?

webreturn
    Participant

I have found the solution.
    The reason why it didn’t work, is because the onload event is set in the following way:

window.onload = function() {
      // code here
    };

Instead, it should be set this way:

window.addEventListener('load', function() {
      // code here
    });

Would you be willing to change this in file /js/scripts/global/helpers.min.js, so that we don’t lose our fixes after updating the theme?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

In the 7.4 update, we will add such changes.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out, I’d love to help!

Kind Regards

webreturn
    Participant

Thank you!

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

You are welcome! In case you need any additional help, I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Have a good day!

Kind Regards

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘JS file of menu’ is closed to new replies.