Home Forums WoodMart support forum Lazy loading and mobile cache conflict

Lazy loading and mobile cache conflict

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

ToriTori38
    Participant

Hello,

On mobile, there is a conflict between your lazy loading and WP Rockets mobile caching. If we use both together, images do not always appear on the page. I can either only use mobile cache or lazy loading, but not both together.

Are you aware of this problem and do you know if there is a fix? Only is an issue on mobiles.

Hello,

Please check this manual to configure the WP Rocket correctly: https://space.xtemos.com/wordpress-performance-optimization-the-ultimate-guide-in-2021#Step_4

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

ToriTori38
    Participant

Hello Elise,

The problem is your documentation is out of date.

1. You do not discuss “mobile cache” in your documentation, only “seperate cache files for mobile devices”. Woodmarts lazy loading does not work with WP Rockets “mobile cache”. This should be mentioned. Images on mobiles have issues displaying when both these options are enabled (especially on shop page).

2. I added all your list of JS files from your help document to the list of excluded files for the Delay JS executionoption (WP Rocket). The problem is this list is not up to date. The arrow buttons on our Woodmart slider have now dissappeared. Can you tell me what JS file we need to exclude to bring back the arrow navigation buttons on our Woodmart slider?

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you please send us a link to your website where we can see this issue? Send us your admin access also so we can check the configuration.

Kind Regards

ToriTori38
    Participant

Hi there,

I have disabled WP Rocket as the mobile cache problem exists even without WP Rocket enabled. I have set this up on our staging site so you can see the problem (credentials below). If you refresh the page several times you will see the images do not appear. You have to test on mobile, as this is a mobile caching bug problem.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We tested this website and refreshed the shop page 5-10 times. We don’t see the problem and images are always shown correctly.

Kind Regards

ToriTori38
    Participant

I just added some dummy content to our staging site. I thought I could return my site to how it was after deleting the demo content, but sadly that is not the case. So I doubt you can look at this issue right now as the import of the dummy content has overwritten my staging site.

Is there any way I can return my stagign site to how it was before I uploaded the dummy content?

ToriTori38
    Participant

Hello again. OK I have reverted the staging site to how it was. You can now go in and look again. Using the mobile bottom nav menu, please flick between “home” and “online-shop” and on each page refresh 3-4 times before switching to the other page. You will then see the image cache problems.

I have given you new credentials.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We switched between pages 10-20 and images were always shown correctly on your website.

Kind Regards

ToriTori38
    Participant

OK well this is what I see on an Apple iphone after switching between pages: https://ibb.co/H7LXhJX

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We tested on a few Apple iPhones and we never see this problem. Images are always loaded correctly.

Kind Regards

ToriTori38
    Participant

OK well I don’t understand that as myself and another developer from another company both were having the same problems with WD lazy loading on mobiles.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)