Home Forums WoodMart support forum login / register page title problem

login / register page title problem

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

wanila
    Participant

Hello!

I found that new users can register in my website by a one word password! and i test it in woodmart demo.
    i know Woocommerce don’t let users to use weak passwords by itself …
    so please give me a code to solve this problem

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can add the following code snippet to the functions.php file in the child theme to disable this option in WooCommerce

/**
     * Change the strength requirement on the woocommerce password
     * Strength Settings
     * 4 = Strong
     * 3 = Medium (default) 
     * 2 = Also Weak but a little stronger 
     * 1 = Password should be at least Weak
     * 0 = Very Weak / Anything
     */
    add_filter( 'woocommerce_min_password_strength', 'woodmart_change_password_strength' );

function woodmart_change_password_strength( $strength ) {
    	 return 0;
    }

Regards

wanila
    Participant

i think this function is already exist in the theme. what i want to know is how can i disable this!?
    please read my first post again

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to use this code snippet to remove it completely

/**
     * Remove password strength check.
     */
    function wood_remove_password_strength() {
        wp_dequeue_script( 'wc-password-strength-meter' );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_print_scripts', 'wood_remove_password_strength', 10 );

wanila
    Participant

you guys are really busy with woodmart and basel theme that you don’t read your customer topics anymore …
    looks like i have to explain a simple problem so many time …

look,
    woocommerce don’t let users to register with a weak password. ok?
    but woodmart theme breaks that function and let users register in the website even with a ONE WORD PASSWORD! ok?

now just look at the two previous codes that you sent me ……

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry for the inconvenience. But our theme doesn’t break any WooCommerce functionality. You can just check it on our demo and see that this function works as expected https://gyazo.com/96e1eb5ee7d316ec684deea68c5a830a
    That is why we thought that you want to disable it.
    So how can we help you? Do you have this problem on your website? Unfortunately, we can’t check it since you didn’t provide us the link where we should see this issue.

wanila
    Participant

oh my god
    you went there, you recorded a video from the screen, but you didn’t test it!!!
    just please, test what i’m saying
    you don’t have time for that? ok! here is a user that i created for you:
    username: xtemos
    password: 1
    look, the password is only ONE WORD …
    those popup messages about password strength don’t prevent users from registration

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, now we understand your explanation. The problem is that you don’t have the latest version of the WooCommerce or our theme installed on your website. The bug appears in 3.2.6 version of WooCommerce that is installed on our demo as well. This issue will be fixed with the next 3.3.1 WooCommerce release that should be released later this week.
    Hope now we are talking about one and the same thing 🙂

wanila
    Participant

Yes this is what i was talking about. thank you
    Just in this case i have another problem that hope you help me
    My problem is, i can’t update my woocommerce anymore. I got lot’s of plugin in my website that i must pay for them to get the latest update. for example a plugin called “perfect seo url” , i must pay 120$ only to get the new update which is compatible with woocommerce 3.3 … and plus, i have no more time for this project
    so, i know this is not related to woodmart theme, but can you please help me solve this problem on woocommerce 3.2.6 AFTER woocommerce 3.3 release?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But in this situation, we don’t suggest you to update our theme as well and to keep using 1.9 that is fully compatible with WooCommerce 3.2.6 and there shouldn’t be any issue with register button. If it will not help, please, provide us your FTP access so we can try to fix it for you with your current configuration.

wanila
    Participant

my current woodmart version is 1.10. you mean it’s possible to solve this problem in 1.10?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to edit the file woodmart/woocommerce/myaccount/form-login.php and replace this line

<button type="submit" class="woocommerce-Button button" name="register" value="<?php esc_attr_e( 'Register', 'woocommerce' ); ?>"><?php esc_html_e( 'Register', 'woocommerce' ); ?></button>

with this one

<input type="submit" class="woocommerce-Button button" name="register" value="<?php esc_attr_e( 'Register', 'woocommerce' ); ?>" />

wanila
    Participant

thank you so much. this is what i was looking for.
    just one more question ..

in woodmart 1.10.1, we have these three fixes:

FIXED: Dokan map issue
    FIXED: Shop loader
    FIXED: PHP warning

i can’t find the topics that related to this issues. can you please send me the topics or tell me how to fix this issues on woodmart 1.10?

also, i found that some of the users have problem about their website speed. like this one: https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/very-slow-loading-on-shop-pages-with-variants/

i don’t test this in my website yet. but is there any real problem about this? and how can i fix this?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but there are not quick instructions for all these fixes. A lot of files were changed and we are not able to post everything here. If you want to get all the fixes on your website you have to update the theme to the latest version. Most of them were related to WooCommerce 3.3.1 compatibility.

wanila
    Participant

ok.
    1. is speed probelm which i mentioned in my previos post solved in 1.10.1?
    2. is the woodmart 1.10.1 compatible with woocommerce 3.2.6?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. Yes, it is.

2. Yes, it is compatible with WC 3.2.6.

swatibobade
    Participant

how to reset a registration page?
    In my registration page only one field Email address and below that
    telling user password will send to your email id
    But I don’t want this function and
    I want
    only a username and password.

please find the screenshot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

You can configure the login/register page in the Woocommerce > Settings > Account and Privacy.

Best Regards

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)