Home Forums WoodMart support forum Maintenance mode and Google ranking

Maintenance mode and Google ranking

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gueshu
    Participant

Hello,
    I am almost ready to launch my site using your theme, but it is not a new site, but an existing site with an outdated technology that I changed into a woocommerce shop.

I plan on making the switch with 301 redirects from old pages to the new one, but in order to set up the payment methods I’ll need a few days when the site won’t be available to customers.
    I want to use the maintenance mode that seems to work the way I want for visitors (and allows admin to access the site normally).

But I worry about the google (and other SE) ranking during this maintenance : can the SE robots still crawl the pages or will all the pages be redirected to the maintenance page for them? Some maintenance tools seems to allow the robots to crawl, I was curious to know if it is the fact for your maintenance mode…

If not, I will have to find a way (using another maintenance plugin?) to not loose 10 years of google ranking in the switch, I am quite worried about that…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, but there is no such option for maintenance mode in our theme. Maybe, it is possible to make such kind of redirect for real users on the server but still allow to index your website by Google. Or maybe it is possible with extra plugins but, unfortunately, we didn’t try such plugins yet.

Regards

gueshu
    Participant

Thanks for your quick answer as always.

I suppose for this particular case (a maintenance that could last a few days) I will use a special plugin that lets SEO robots crawls the site, this plugin has good reviews : https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-maintenance-mode/

There is no reasons why it shouldnt work with yout theme, but I will test it and report here if it does what it is supposed to, as it could be useful for other Woodmart users.

Thanks for your help, I understand that your maintenance module can’t do this this kind of things, Woodmart is a theme, not a complete shop, some users seems to forget that and expect too much…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Thank you for understanding. Feel free to contact us if you will have any extra questions. We would be happy if you will rate with our theme 5 stars on ThemeForest in case you like it and our support service.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)