Home Forums WoodMart support forum Make hidden products available in wish list

Make hidden products available in wish list

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

hariskay
    Participant

Hello, our store is set to hide out of stock products through woocommerce inventory settings, is there a way we can keep the products displayed in woodmart wishlist?

hariskay
    Participant

Can we also make hidden products show up in search result if possible?

Hello,

If you set to hide out of stock products, they would be hidden everywhere, including the wishlist.

Best Regards

hariskay
    Participant

Hello, but they are available on compare page despite the fact that they are hidden, couldn’t we do something like this for Wishlist too?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Compare page doesn’t have products loop as other shop pages including wishlist. In other words, Wishlist page uses same products PHP files as on the shop page. And it is not easy to change this on the wishlist only. But here is an instruction that may help you to achieve this

1. Add the following line to the file woodmart\inc\integrations\woocommerce\functions.php http://prntscr.com/szv6i9

'is_wishlist' => false,

2. Add this line to file woodmart\inc\integrations\woocommerce\modules\wishlist\class-ui.php https://prnt.sc/szv6s9

woodmart_set_loop_prop( 'is_wishlist', true );

3. Replace this line

if ( empty( $product ) || ! $product->is_visible() ) {

with this one

if ( ( empty( $product ) || ! $product->is_visible() ) && ! woodmart_loop_prop( 'is_wishlist' ) ) {

in the file woodmart\woocommerce\content-product.php

4. Remove the following code from the file woodmart\inc\modules\search.php

if ( 'yes' === get_option( 'woocommerce_hide_out_of_stock_items' ) && $post_type == 'product' ) {
    	$query_args['meta_query'][] = array( 'key' => '_stock_status', 'value' => 'outofstock', 'compare' => 'NOT IN' );
    }

hariskay
    Participant

This has helped me find hidden out of stock products in search but the out of stock products are still not available in the wishlist, I double checked everything you wrote above. (Also noticed “Compare” exist on the hidden product page that I find through search but “Add to wishlist” doesnt.)

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

What do you mean by “Compare” exist on the hidden product page? Please, provide us some explanation.
    Send us your FTP access so we can check all changes in the code.

It would be very kind of you if you would change your review on ThemeForest while we are here and provide you with all the necessary support.

Kind Regards

hariskay
    Participant

You can disregard my last post regarding Compare existing on hidden product, it was a cache error.

The search is working as I wrote earlier but the wishlist still does not show hidden items.
    I have provided WP login information.

I have also updated my review, thank you for working on customer satisfaction.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Thank you for the review. It is much appreciated.
    Please, send us your FTP access so we can check the code.

hariskay
    Participant

No problem, here is the FTP information:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to edit the file woodmart\inc\shortcodes\products.php and change the following http://prntscr.com/t182pl

'tax_query' => $tax_query,

'tax_query' => array(),

hariskay
    Participant

This is top notch, worked like a charm. Thank you. I will keep extending support as long as we use the theme to express my gratitude.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Well, we are glad that you like it. Contact us if you will have any questions!

hariskay
    Participant

Hello, sorry to bug you again but I just noticed that the product carousal has empty space taken by hidden items, is there a way to fix this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

hariskay
    Participant

Nevermind, I fixed it. 🙂

hariskay
    Participant

Hello, what I thought I fixed is becoming a problem again, can you please provide a solution to this?

Everytime a product goes out of stock, it ends up taking empty space on homepage Product Crousal, as attached in the previous screenshot.

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

Now we do not see empty places, could you set it up so that we can see the problem?
    https://prnt.sc/t7hejx

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

hariskay
    Participant

Hello you can see it now. My woodmart caroisal is set to display 6 recent items but it shows only 1, you can go to Ürünler (Shop page) and see there are more products available but are not being displayed in the carousel.

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

We cannot connect via FTP. Did you change the data?

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

hariskay
    Participant

Hello, sorry about that, the FTP account got disabled since we changed our domain. You can find the new login details in the private content. Thank you.

Eric Watson
    Participant

Try to edit the file woodmart\inc\shortcodes\products.php and change the following code from

'tax_query' => array(),

to

'tax_query' => woodmart_loop_prop( 'is_wishlist' ) ? array() : $tax_query,

hariskay
    Participant

Hello, I have been testing it since your response, thank you so much for that.

So far everything seems to work correctly. Cheers.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, contact us if you will have any questions.

hariskay
    Participant

Hello, I only wanted to ask if there is something else I should be doing after the recent updates. I followed the exact same method that you provided above but since then it has been some theme updates, for example previously I was replacing 'tax_query' => array(), but now it is changed, so will any of the recent updates affect this method or should I continue using the described solution?

Thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We didn’t change anything in our update. Just follow the same instruction and it will work without any problems.

Kind Regards

hariskay
    Participant

Hello Artem Temos,

I recently updated my theme and your provided functionality is not working due to changes in the structure. Can you please provide me with updated guide to fix this?

I understand that it takes your time and effort and that is why we always extend our licenses and will continue to do so!

Thank you in advance

hariskay
    Participant

Hi again,

First off, I do apologize for bumping it since I know you must be busy after the update but this functionality has been extremely important to us and that is why I am requesting that whenever possible, please provide a workaround to make it work and we will be your customers for years to come!

Cheers and have a nice day.

hariskay
    Participant

Hello Artem,

I am again requesting if you could update the code. I would highly appreciate it.

Thank you again.

hariskay
    Participant

Hello, I am writing again regarding our request.

We recently extended support again and we are hoping to get help from you as stated earlier, this functionality is extremely critical to our business. We really hope your team will appreciate our commitment and get back to us.

Thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are very sorry but due to the fact that you wrote in the outdated topic, we haven’t seen it in our support requests list. Please, create a new topic and we will provide you with all the necessary help asap.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Make hidden products available in wish list’ is closed to new replies.