Home Forums WoodMart support forum METRIC DATA

METRIC DATA

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Nicosa
    Participant

did a GT Metrics speed analysis, every element of your theme is power hungry:
    on average 250 ms per element, it’s huge, we inevitably reach more than

header: 450ms
    scroll to Top: 350ms
    variation swatches: 550 ms
    so on it’s huge more…

How to arrive at 50 ms of total blocking time with all this it is impossible ….

We can reduce the pages to make a column instead of 2, reduce the useless css, we can do everything, but if it loads too much at the origin we can only limit the results…

Faced with this, what do you recommend, since you are at the origin of the theme, and you market it, in order to drastically reduce the ms, 350 ms for a scroll top that’s 0.35 seconds almost half a second blocking it’s huge .

The interest is to have a good performance, 1 second of loading more costs 1 billion to Amazon..

It is therefore necessary to understand how the theme works at the coding level, so that we can optimize it, and not unnecessarily load fonts, slider revolution which is a chasm (if I can delete it, it’s better), java script which is well loaded,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You need to optimize all parts of your website not the theme only. Here is a tutorial that should help you in this case https://xtemos.com/wordpress-performance-optimization-the-ultimate-guide-in-2021/

Kind Regards

Nicosa
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your list, your theme is cool but it is loaded so the loading time is intrinsically longer, basically you have to avoid all your gadgets (banner, carousel, 360, in short). I understand that a theme must be seller, beautiful, to attract customers, but guys, scroll to top 0.35s, search bar 0.84 s in full screen, we are not far from the second. In fact, you have to reduce all animations, keep it simple, and the plugins you use are energy-intensive: slider revolution,

What bothers me the most are the fonts, a loading 30 * higher than the Astra theme, other word press themes .. it’s not good guys: just for fonts we are not far from the second;

So your documentation, I read it obviously I’m working on it.

The sources of optimization are numerous, you are right, but when you recognize that originally at the level of coding, and plugins, it is well loaded.

So I clean up your gadgets and remove everything I don’t need, which takes precious milliseconds, because it’s good to have a design and beautiful site, but if it doesn’t load, it’s useless .

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please clarify how you measure the search bar 0.84s? What exactly do you mean?

Kind Regards

Nicosa
    Participant

I tested different test pages, and by decrypting element by element, it appears that the full-screen search bar comes out with this result so I removed it as much..

It’s not a single test that I do but several to precisely have the right reasoning.

You have to optimize the DOM otherwise there will be more than 2500 elements, you need 1500 tags so 1500 elements, so you have to be able to tighten all the code .. therefore understand that it’s hunting for the smallest detail, I’m not alone look at the number of people who have CDN, wp rocket, which correctly sizes images to the precise size, who have 10 plugins, who reduce animations and who have more than 2500 elements in DOM, it’s somewhere, there is a loading problem direct, you can squeeze everything if you want, but as soon as each element costs 250 ms, you start with a disadvantage.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The number of DOM elements depends on the size of your page and the way you create it.
    Also, it doesn’t influence the speed of the full-screen search. Actually, the search doesn’t make your website slow at all. We still can’t fully understand how you concluded that it takes 0.84s to load.

Kind Regards

Nicosa
    Participant

Hello,

It’s not just the speed aspect, it’s also the painting, the content, and other indicators..

I use a single column instead of 2, I flex at maximum, and I don’t use too many animations to overload; the 0.84 s is the space taken up by the element, you have a file it takes up space, by comparing site by site, I can therefore see which element takes up space according to the element, let’s resume the search

On other sites it was lighter, in place I mean, even if it doesn’t play on pure speed, it takes up space, on one of the indicators.

I analyzed 4 sites, with the full screen search taking up 3-4 times more space than most.

If we take the fonts it’s the same, yet they are in swap.

Your theme is good, but we as developers have to find the right balance between rendering and optimization..

A page that Total Blocking Time
    2550 ms blocks, must be reviewed on all angles, it passes and you are right by
    – CDN
    – Hidden
    – Page & image structure

but also on useless things that load in the background and that we don’t need, because it’s lines of code, each line takes up space.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Thank you for the explanations. We always take steps to optimize our theme. We will take your feedback into account also.

Kind Regards

Nicosa
    Participant

Afterwards, it’s not obvious, the site or theme must be beautiful, fluid, intuitive, etc….

Watch nothing fonts add +491ms to FCP (First Contentful Paint)

You add that + something else and another thing, it is at the end that it is necessary to count.

The idea is to be able to be light and fast and clean, this is for me the definition of a good site.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, you are right. But you decide which elements to show on your website. So if see that fonts add unnecessary timing then you can reduce the number of fonts or switch to system fonts at all.

Kind Regards

Nicosa
    Participant

Yes, it’s true I have only one, which I integrated via the woodmart typography console, I don’t have font awesome, nor typekit, and I put it in swap (google), I can’t do better, you see .

I know that for you the theme is optimization on a daily basis and it’s not that easy and I’m not criticizing either.

It’s just that I want to remove everything that is unnecessary, that loads lines of code and that inevitably has an impact on the user experience.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Currently, we see at least 5 fonts loaded on your website. https://gyazo.com/21d428adfcd9b16f63622b4b5db18309
    And only one of them is related to WoodMart theme. Others are loaded by different plugins or custom code.

Kind Regards

Nicosa
    Participant

Precisely, I look at the plugins loading unnecessary fonts because I only use one, everything is not related to your theme, there are other things to review, we agree.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)