Home Forums WoodMart support forum My account dashboard links

My account dashboard links

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Andy18
    Participant

Hi there,
    I’ve integrated a privacy plugin with the dashboard and would like to display the links in the “my account sidebar” into a page called Privacy Center.
    When I select the “My account sidebar” to display in the new page nothing appears. If I add new widgets to that sidebar, they appear but I still don’t get the links that are within the dashboard.
    I’m not quite sure what I’m doing wrong… Your help is much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance,
    Andy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

As you want to add the links of “privacy plugin” in the “my account sidebar” of WooCommerce.

The sidebar did not shown anything because your “my account sidebar” widget is empty when I check from Appearance >> Widgets.

So you need to add your links inside this widget first. Then use this in your specific page as a sidebar.

Screenshot for clarification: https://jmp.sh/OLPezj5

Best Regards.

Andy18
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I’ve added the widget and code for the dashboard links but they then appear twice in the My Account page. Does it mean that I need to disable the sidebar in My Account page to be able to display the links in the Privacy Center page?

Also, would it please be possible to let me know how to style the new widget to look exactly like the original (so when people load the Privacy Center it all looks the same)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andy

Attachments:

Most Welcome,

I have seen your screenshots. Yes, you can disable the sidebar in My Account page if you do not want on that page.. The code which you have added is responsible for displaying the three items “Dashboard, Items and Addresses”.

That “privacy plugin” is a third party plugin and it is out of our scope you need to contact plugin author if you want to display something else except of those 3 links. It requires customization to customize the widget.

In case if you do not want to display the widget heading “My Account” then simply remove the title from the element which you have included in “My account pages sidebar” from Appearance >> Widgets.

Best Regards.

Andy18
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,
    Thanks for your pointers, I thought that the “My Account” widget displayed the my account sidebar as it appears in the dashboard.
    I used the “Magazine” sidebar (as am not using it at the moment) for the privacy page and added the html to display the menu I need.
    I have one small problem and wondered if you were able to guide me? The vertical spacing is different between the widget menu items and can’t find what I need to edit to make them look identical (please see screenshots).
    I’ve taken the site out of maintenance mode and was hoping you would have a quick look for me?
    Your help is much appreciated!
    Thanks again,
    Andy

Attachments:

Most Welcome,

I have seen both the screenshots, Also the page in your site, Both of them are looking just the same.

The first is the WooCommerce sidebar and the other is designed in theme Sidebar option. What do you exactly want to change in those sidebars?

If you just want to put the same vertical spacing then share your correct admin info because your prior login details not working any more.

Best Regards.

Andy18
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,
    Thanks for your quick reply!
    Yes, it’s just the correct vertical spacing I was trying to get the same but couldn’t find what to alter.
    Please find attached the login details.
    Thanks once again!
    Andy

Most Welcome,

Your problem is resolved. I have reduced the vertical spacing of the list item of Privacy page sidebar. So that this sidebar having the same vertical spacing as like the WooCommerce sidebar.

I used the below CSS code in global custom CSS area of your site, under theme settings >> custom CSS:

.woodmart-widget li {
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    }

Best Regards.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)