Home Forums Basel support forum My webstore is messed up after update to 4.0

My webstore is messed up after update to 4.0

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

knittinginna
    Participant

Could you please please help me. I was trying to fix the “Instagram did not return 200”-error, by updating to your recent version.

First of all – the problem not solved – the 200-error still shows. But even worse – it is not possible to add products to the shopping cart using the the Add to cart button in category pages. The Add to cart button only works if you are inside the actual product page. And if you have managed to add products from inside the product page, and you use the Add to card button on category page – the basket get emptied.

This was a problem when we bought your theme approx 6 months ago. Your support checked it and stated that since everything is working the standard woo commerce theme, this is not your problem. For some reason, I managed to fix It back then myself. I don´t know what theme settins I changed, but I worked. I do remember that One of the settings I changed was Action after add to cart: Show popup.

But now during todays update, the problem Is back, and now I really don´t know how to fix it, I have tried so many variations in the shop settings.

Please help us – we are loosing sales by the minute.

Kind regards Stian

knittinginna
    Participant

Here is credentials.

Hello,

First of all check the issue with the default theme. Perhaps the plugins influence the functionality. If it does not work on the default theme either you will need to deactivate all the third parties plugins not related to the theme. Please check and inform.

Best Regards

knittinginna
    Participant

The default theme? The parent theme? I am really bad at this, and have no clue how to fix this. 🙁

Have you checked to see what the issue is from frontend? Have you ever heard of this issue before?

Isn’t it weird that the exact same problem happened when we bought this theme, and I managed to fix it just by doing some kind of change in the settings (which I unfortunately dont remember). We did not do as you described above back then, and we have not changed any settings or plugins – only updated yours.

Kind regards Stian

knittinginna
    Participant

I´d gladly pay you for the extra service (even though I just paid for renewal for support), I just need help asap. I am getting so many customer complaints and loosing so much sales. Please help us.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, please, disable all external plugins that are not related to our theme first. By checking with default theme we mean switching to some standard WordPress theme like twentysixteen in Appearance -> Themes.

Regards

knittinginna
    Participant

I am sorry, I don´t meen to be rude – but we pay for this support service – can you really not say anything else or have a look and give me a comment on the issue? I have given you the creds. Did you read my previous post? Have you ever heard about this issue before?

If I have to do what you say, I will have to close down the store and put it to maintenance mode, which I can´t as I have heavy traffic this evening, and I can’t loose more sales than I already to because of this error…

Please, there must be some other way to address this issue?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, we saw similar issue before. In most of the cases, they were caused by some kind of cache enabled by some plugin or on the server side. That is why we asked you to disable all external plugins except those that required for our theme. We need to identify where is this problem coming from first.

knittinginna
    Participant

Ok….

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It will be a late night in a few hours and I will not be able to check it. We will be able to take a look tomorrow morning. So in 9-10 hours.

knittinginna
    Participant

I have now hired a web developer, as I am not able to do this my self.

He also found a temporary solution, until he gets to test on our dev-site: he made a change in the woo commerce product setting – redirect to cart after adding product to cart – then everything works fine.

It works for now, so we don´t loose so much sales anymore.

I will get back to you after he have tested on and off with plugins.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, we are waiting for the result. Hope that issue will be solved.

knittinginna
    Participant

Hello again, my developer found the plugins that made problem: Woocommerce multilingual and a Facebook Messenger Chat plugin. So now everything works fine, but I have to find a new chat plugin.

But – my original problem that started all this mess is still there – the instagram feed doesn’t show on either product pages or on other feeds. It shows the instagram 200-error.

Do you have any advise how to fix this?

Best regards,

Stian

knittinginna
    Participant

All plugins are now uptodate.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to use knitting_inna account instead of @knitting_inna https://gyazo.com/711e445e4406bbd79903cce204fbf55f

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)