Home Forums WoodMart support forum Newsletter plugin shortcode not parsed in footer

Newsletter plugin shortcode not parsed in footer

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

horny_fungus
    Participant

Hi. I built a footer with newsletter subscribe form of Mailster plugin. The form is added via shortcode in Woodmart text block. When I open footer HTML block directly it is parsed and subscribe form is shown but when used as footer the form is not shown. I tried inserting shortcode via different elements: Woodmart text, WPBakery text, WordPress text, raw html etc. but nothig helped.

Hello,

Please update the site access so that I could take a close look.

Please insert the credentials into the Private content below the message area.

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

Here they are:

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by horny_fungus.

Hello,

You are using WP Mail Catcher. I wanted to check MailChimp for WordPress included in the WoodMart theme if you have properly integrated your account.

We do not have instructions on WP Mail Catcher plugin, please contact their support and find out how to add the shortcode properly, if the shortcode is supported by WP builder or only text widget in Appearance > Widgets?

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

WP Mail Catcher is irrelevant to the case, it’s the plugin used for mail logging.
    For subscriptions I use Mailster.
    The plugin’s shortcode ([newsletter_signup_form id=1]) works properly when inserted via Woodmart Text element. The problem arises only when used in footer (on regular page it works fine).

Hello,

It seems WP bakery page builder does not support this shortcode. I have tried to use Raw HTML, default WP bakery text block, and nothing is displayed: https://gyazo.com/a9ce5ea1194baca40095df9bea1dab59

Have you contacted plugin support on this issue?

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

As I said earlier the shortcode works as expected when used not in footer. You can open footer block as a separate page and you will see.
    Or check this test page:

Hello,

Please check how this plugin works on any default theme. Perhaps this shortcode works only in the text widget in Appearance > Widgets.

We do not have the plugin instruction and our support does not cover its configurations, please contact the plugin support. Most likely this plugin is not compatible with WP bakery builder and WoodMart cannot influence that.

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

How I can check this with some default theme if footer is Woodmart functionality?
    As I previously wrote the shortcode works as expected not in footer both with Woodmart and default theme.

Hello,

Each WordPress theme has a Footer. In most cases, the content to the footer is added in Appearance > Widgets.

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

I’ve just checked it with Storefront theme and found that shortcode works as expected in footer.

horny_fungus
    Participant

BTW when using footer via widget implementation in Woodmart the shortcode works if is inserted via text widget but it does not work if inserted via Woodmart HTML block widget.

Hello,

Perhaps the plugin is not compatible with the builder and WoodMart cannot influence that, unfortunately.

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

Why do you think the plugin is not compatible with WPBakery if the shortcode works fine everywhere except your theme’s footer?

Hello,

Does it work or does not?

BTW when using footer via widget implementation in Woodmart the shortcode works

Please check this shortcode in the WP bakery builder with any other theme to detect if our theme causes the problem.

Best Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

Once again – shortcode works as a text widget in footer in either Woodmart or other theme.
    As a WPBakery or Woodmart element it does not work in footer and I can’t test it with default theme because there’s no such option (only widgets in footer).
    At the same time shortcode works in Woodmart when inserted via WPBakery or Woodmart element not in footer.

Hello,

Please create HTML block, then add this shortcode: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/html-blocks-2/

Then add this HTML block by means of the HTML widget into the Footer: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/widgets/

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)