Home Forums Basel support forum OL sticks out to the left

OL sticks out to the left

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

D0R1AN
    Participant

When using an OL, the numbers stick out to the left of the content. I’m guessing it’s the same for UL?
    How do I align them vertically with the other text?

Thank
    Dorian

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Our theme does not influence on the ordered list and cannot change it. This is the way the ordered list is displayed.

Best Regards

D0R1AN
    Participant

I don’t understand – your theme DOES influence the ordered lists via basel/styles.css.
    Like here in line 764:

.type-page .entry-content > ul, .type-page .entry-content > ol {
        margin-bottom: 20px;
    }

Hello,

This margin is added to the bottom of the whole ul/ol block. I thought you meant the list item. Please clarify your problem if any?? If you want to change this margin, add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

body .type-page .entry-content > ul, .type-page .entry-content > ol {
        margin-bottom: 0;
    }

Or set the styles as per your needs.
    Best Regards

D0R1AN
    Participant

I was surprised to see the list stick out to the left of the content like that. So I guess my problem is that I think it’s not looking good; lists should be aligned vertically with the other content in my opinion.

Also I was surprised to read you can’t influence that – that’s why I brought up the margin example. It was simply an example of where the theme influences list styles – there’s nothing wring with the code or the margin.

If you’re saying it’s not a bug and that’s what lists in Basel theme should look like I will style it myself.

Regards
    Dorian

Hello,

Perhaps I have misunderstood the problem. Please describe the nature of the problem once again. I see the screen and I see the list, please describe how you expect it should be.

Meanwhile here is https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_lists.asp and please have a look at how the OL look like when it is long: https://prnt.sc/qc9900

Best Regards

D0R1AN
    Participant

Sure, in my opinion the list (better: the numbers) should be left aligned with the other paragraphs. You can see that on the new screenshot.

Attachments:

Hello,

Please provide the page URL with the problem. Do you mean the paragraph indent? You should check if there is a wrapping <p>

Best Regards

D0R1AN
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve checked, there’s no wrapping p. Not sure what you mean by paragraph indent – this isn’t about paragraphs, it’s about the list. It’s simply a list set in the classic editor.

See link in private content.

Regards
    Dorian

Hello,

Please show me the screen of how it should be? I cannot figure out the problem. The order list behavior is correct and it works as it should.

Best Regards

D0R1AN
    Participant

Here is the screenshot “of how it should be” again.

Attachments:

Hello,

Here is the list is created in WP Bakery page builder and our theme does not influence this: https://gyazo.com/6b6284d2c2271d6b1fa5c502159d476d

Which block or element do you use? You can set text-indent https://gyazo.com/743f33f0639e8889ec2fec6b4e6b3263

Best Regards

D0R1AN
    Participant

Hello,

I was not using a page builder, using classic editor (standard tinymce) instead.

Regards

Hello,

This is the way the standard editor works. We cannot influence it, unfortunately. You would better use WP Bakery page builder.

Best Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)