Home Forums WoodMart support forum Old Woodmart headers autoladed in wp_options

Old Woodmart headers autoladed in wp_options

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

horny_fungus
    Participant

Hi, i was exploring my wp_options database table and found that there are 4 version of Woodmart header settings and all of them are autoladed. Is this for purpose? As far as I understand only one current version needed, all other versions should not be stored and moreover autoladed.
    Can you please fix this in a manner that old header settings are deleted automatically from database when newer ones are saved?
    Here’s a screenshot to illustrate the thesis – https://gyazo.com/103afccc038329f9b75a47d49e68521d

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, we will fix this in our next theme update. Thank you for reporting us.

Kind Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

Thank you very much. I will appreciate it greatly!

horny_fungus
    Participant

Do I understand correctly that all options named xts-header_[some number here] except the one used now can be safely deleted?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, if headers with that IDs are removed then you can remove those records from the database.

horny_fungus
    Participant

One more comment – it looks like the same applied to whb_header_[some number] option as well. At least in my case I see some a few options autoladed for headers which are not used anywhere.

horny_fungus
    Participant

Also I found two very similar autoloaded options – woodmart_options and xts-woodmart-options. Looks like the former is outdated version and is not used anymore. In one of updates it was changed to latter one. Do I understand correctly?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But most of the theme users use only one or two headers on their websites and disable autoloading for these options will harm their website performance.

horny_fungus
    Participant

I suppose there’s some misunderstanding. I am not talking about disabling autoload for headers options at all, I just found that in my case there are some headers which are not used but autoladed. I had a problem with headers after one of Woodmart updates, so maybe this old headers are kept in database since then.
    Can you please answer the question about woodmart_options and xts-woodmart-options?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

woodmart_options can be removed since it comes from the old version. As for the headers, we will check this for our next update. And if you see records with header IDs that you already removed, you can delete them from the database.

churchworks
    Participant

How can I find the ID for the header/headers I’m currently using (so I can discard the rest)?

churchworks
    Participant

I may have answered my own question: I found the header IDs in the url to edit each header. If there is another way to find the IDs, I’d be curious to know. Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Old Woodmart headers autoladed in wp_options’ is closed to new replies.