Home › Forums › WoodMart support forum › PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) Error
PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) Error
- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Elise Noromit.
March 16, 2023 at 9:04 pm #451827
I have followed the steps here: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/update-the-theme/ but still cannot update my theme to the most current version. I’m getting this error:
The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature
I do not want to lose the current settings/custom CSS so if I need to install the theme from scratch again, could you please let me know if I can save them somehow?March 17, 2023 at 2:53 am #451874
Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.
Your theme version is very very old. Even though if you manage to update the theme, the site may be broken.
You would better do the following.
1. Create a staging site, install the theme on new WordPress installation.
2. Export, import the headers from your live site and set it as default: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/how-to-set-default-header-for-website/
3. Configure other settings of the theme: shop page and others.
4. Export the content from your live site to the staging, make sure everything is configured properly, and then move the site to your live domain.
Please update the theme on time, our developers optimize the theme and some options may be depreciated. As the result, the site may have a different view after the update.
Best RegardsMarch 19, 2023 at 12:52 am #452377
Please try to upload the theme in the Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.
You would better do that on a staging site first to make sure everything works well. In any case, please make the full backup of your live site.
As I said, you had a very old theme version, you have not updated the theme long. A new version may change your site, I did not want you to see something unexpected on your live site, which is why I suggested testing on the staging site.
When you update the theme on time and your current version is not very old, the update is a click and no problem in most cases.
This is a common practice to update the theme on the staging site first, to see if everything is compatible even thou, site owners update the previous version to the newest one.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
- You must be logged in to create new topics. Login / Register