Home Forums WoodMart support forum Previous to Back Page

Previous to Back Page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

ajay_odedara
    Participant

I have implemented Back to previous button on product page – http://prnt.sc/1040krv
    code – http://prnt.sc/1040wb8

When I implemented this button, there was a products pagination so if user is on a 4th page and than visit a product page from the 4th page than when he clicks on back to previous button he comes back to 4th page. It was working fine with products pagination but now I have changed the pagination to infinite scrolling and back to previous button takes me to the starting of page instead of taking me where I was before)

It’s not user convenient because let’s say user has scrolled down to 200 products and than visit a product page and when click on back to previous he comes to the 36 products and not to the 200 products.

Can you tell me how do resolve this?

Hello,

Please remove the changed code and use the initial that worked properly. You say you have changed the pagination to infinite scrolling, remove the change.

Best Regards

ajay_odedara
    Participant

No, if I keep the pagination it redirects to another page which takes time and anyway it’s not a good practice, I don’t understand why do you suggest pagination over load more or infinite scrolling.

I want that “back to previous page” to work with load more option. Is there any way I can achieve that?

Hello,

For now, we do not have the solution, however, we are going to add the feature in the nearest update: as soon as the products have been uploaded by means of infinite scrolling, the page URL would be changed accordingly and the visitor would be able to get back to the page where he was.

Best Regards

ajay_odedara
    Participant

When you would be launching a new update? And if we update the current theme to a newer version would it affect my current data?

If possible, can you give us a hint on how do we achieve something like this if we want to achieve it through customization from our end?

The hint will be highly appreciated please as we don’t want to wait till next update.

Hello,

If you add custom php to the functions.php of the child theme, all the customization would remain the same.

CSS should be added to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS,

JS should be added to the Theme Settings > Custom JS.

Then you will update the parent theme and all the modifications would remain, please make the full backup of your site in any case.

Best Regards

ajay_odedara
    Participant

When you would be launching a new update with discussed feature?

Hello,

We expect the new release by the end of the month, the latest.

Best Regards

ajay_odedara
    Participant

Would you please be able to commit that you will implement a feature in your next update where as soon as the products have been uploaded by means of infinite scrolling/load more products, the page URL would be changed accordingly and the visitor would be able to get back to the page where he was before.

Hello,

We confirm this feature would be added to the nearest update.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)