Home Forums Basel support forum Product detail page

Product detail page

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Oscar
    Participant

Hi there mate have a good day
    a quick question:
    At below link page just above social icons, you will see a text= Category
    I d like to change it to => Sub Category and then its translations too
    But I cant find that word in po files or anywhere else. What is the php file of that resides so I can change it manually please. Also then I need to put that social icons row next to (right of) that category thing so both can be in 1 row. How please?
    thanx

Oscar
    Participant

Hi adding to above question:
    As you can see below page, product listing thumbs with some strange reason 75×100
    bUT it has to be 263×350 size to show thumbs perfectly on product list page.
    I never chosen that in anywhere but system creates those thumbs and displays like this.
    Please also see attached jpg s (WOOCOMMERCE PRODUCT DISPLAY PAGE and FTP SHOT)
    And see this child/function code and admin page custom css code

CHILD / FUNCTION:

<?php
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'basel_child_enqueue_styles', 1000 );
    function basel_child_enqueue_styles() {
    	if( basel_get_opt( 'minified_css' ) ) {
    		wp_enqueue_style( 'basel-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.min.css', array('bootstrap') );
    	} else {
    		wp_enqueue_style( 'basel-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css', array('bootstrap') );
    	}

wp_enqueue_style( 'child-style', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css', array('bootstrap') );
    }
    add_action( 'woocommerce_shop_loop_item_title', 'custom_before_title', 20 );
    function custom_before_title() {
        global $product;
        if ( $product->get_sku() ) {
    		echo '<span style=font-size:18px;color:#34aae9;> ' . __('PRODUCT CODE', 'basel') . ': <strong>' . $product->get_sku() . '</strong></span>';
        }
    }
    add_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'basel_sku_under_title', 6 );
    function basel_sku_under_title() {
        global $product;
        if ( $product->get_sku() ) {
    		echo '<span style=font-size:18px;color:#34aae9;> ' . __('PRODUCT CODE', 'basel') . ': <strong>' . $product->get_sku() . '</strong></span>';
        }
    }    

ADMIN CUSTOM CSS CODE:

h2.wpb_heading.wpb_singleimage_heading{height:40px;margin-bottom:0px;font-size:14px;line-height:14px;}
    .vidpage img{transition:all 0.3s;-moz-transition:all 0.3s;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s;}
    .vidpage:hover img{transform: scale(1.1);-moz-transform:scale(1.1);-webkit-transform:scale(1.1);}
    .title-size-small{padding:0;}
    .title-size-small .entry-title,.title-size-small h1{font-size:24px;}
    div.category-grid-item{width:50%!important;}

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Category text comes with WooCommerce plugin and should be translated in its PO file.

2. Here is a code snippet to make social icons be inline with categories

.single-product-content .woocommerce-product-details__short-description {
        border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(119,119,119,.17);
        padding-bottom: 15px;
        margin-bottom: 30px;
    }

.single-product-content .summary-inner .product_meta {
    		margin-top: 0px;
    		padding-top: 0px;
    		border-top: none;
    		display: inline-block;
    }

.single-product-content .summary-inner .product-share {
    		display: inline-block;
    		margin-left: 15px;
    }

3. You need to regenerate all thumbnails after changes with images sizes.

Regards

Oscar
    Participant

Hi thanx fro that all
    all worked except the thumbs
    I installed regenerate thumbs and regenerated on admin/media
    but still the same
    and I added a new product new photo
    still the small size thumb it created 75×100 and my wp settings are all 0 zero
    so what creates these thumbs?
    thanx

Oscar
    Participant

Hi thanx for that all
    all worked except the thumbs
    I installed regenerate thumbs and regenerated on admin/media
    but still the same
    and I added a new product new photo
    still the small size thumb it created 75×100 and my wp settings are all 0 zero
    so what creates these thumbs? Its all about this woocommerce setting please have a look at the attached jpg. Because I need product list thumb size 263×350 I ve put there as it is but it creates as 75×100 thanx

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You have your catalog images size set to 555×100 so generated images will not have bigger than 100px width. Try to set 555×400 for example.

Oscar
    Participant

I see I guessed so
    But as you can see my catalogue images are 555×100 thin wide images, how can I put them as height=400px
    But I understand you thats the solution which I ll do it now but please for catalogue images any css to display them as height 100px? thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, we don’t quite understand what size do you want to have on the catalog page. Could you please provide us some screenshot for better understanding.

Oscar
    Participant

These are the catalog images 555×100 px each catalog image
    as you see on the link below
    thanx

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But it will not influence these images size since their original size is 555×100 so you can increase it to make look better for other products.

Oscar
    Participant

Thank you
    I found this solution
    I made the changes on woo as you said
    I regenerated only selected images which are only product images I selected one by one and regenerated them
    so they re in good size now and catalogue images still the same size with h=100px
    good now 🙂
    BTW can you advice me any suggestion for cache plugin? And secondly: do you recommend cloudflare for this theme this site? and thirdly there is a cache plugin called breeze, works alone or works with cloudflare, do you think I try that? but I still need answers to my previous 2 questions
    https://www.cloudways.com/blog/announcing-wordpress-cache-plugin-breeze/
    thanx

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Personally, we use WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache plugin for caching purposes. Ans we didn’t use cloudflare so can’t give you any recommendation regarding this service. The same for breeze plugin, we didn’t test it either.

Regards

Oscar
    Participant

Thank you very much mate.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)