Home Forums WoodMart support forum Product page is not editable after installing on existing WordPress

Product page is not editable after installing on existing WordPress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

szymonbubala
    Participant

I had existing website with Hello Elementor theme.
    I recently installed woodmart and woocommerce. It looks like I am missing most of editing options for the product page or product list page.

Should I update something in database or include some .php template files to have full functionality?

My existing website has blog and SEO, so that was important to install Woodmart on top of that.

Attached two screenshots, one of my actual editing options, second for comparison from a template.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

We have not tested the theme you mention. Most likely this theme could provide its own integrated widgets as WoodMart does: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/elements-and-widgets/

When you disabled the theme, these widgets were also disabled. You will have to recreate the broken pages with the WoodMart widgets.

Please note WoodMart offers: WooCommerce layouts builder https://xtemos.com/docs-cat/woocommerce-layouts-builder/?theme=woodmart This option allows creating a custom template for the functional Woocommerce pages, which are usually not editable.

Best Regards

szymonbubala
    Participant

Thank you for your quick answer.

Unfortunatelly layout builder with example just opens a set of empty columns and rows. Could that be that, there was selected wrong page builder at the setup (WpBakery instead of Elementor)?

I have started once again from scratch and with Woodmart initial step by by step setup configuration I installed one of prebuilt websites on top of my blog (it needed a couple of tries to get to 100% install, maybe because my localhost is slow).

However it created missing pages and some content I will have to clear. I think that is quicker than trying to fix what’s broken. So I will continue from this point.

Or maybe there is an option to trigger that initial Woodmart setup on existing website (as I have already configured a lot of woocommerce stuff, header, etc.)?

Hello,

I would recommend installing the theme on the clear WordPress installation on any staging site, uploading the demo you like, editing pages and then remove unnecessary demo items, and then uploading your products fro them live site.

It would be easier and quicker.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)