Home Forums WoodMart support forum Product views show as 0 in Google Analytics with Xtemos theme (Luke/Aizaz ONLY)

Product views show as 0 in Google Analytics with Xtemos theme (Luke/Aizaz ONLY)

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hello,

M product page views show as 0 on Google analytics ever since I switched to the XTEMOS theme.

I know this is theme related because when I switched from my old theme ever since June 19th, Google analytics is showing “0” product views which is not right.

Please see private content for more info.

Please advise on how to get this problem fixed.

Hello,

Please check how it works with the default wordpress theme just to check whether the issue is with our theme or not.

Best Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hello,

I tried to view a product on the storefront theme, but this is not possible. I click on a product and I get an empty page as seen in the link in the private content section.

This must be xtemos theme related, as I mentioned it was working fine before I switched to the xtemos theme (please see screenshots in my first message).

I have many things I cannot view as normally on my page when I change to the storefront theme (for example, half my home page is blank when I switch to storefront theme) because it built it with xtemos + Elementor. Which is why I think this is the issue.

Please advise.

Hello,

You have to check this issue with Google analytics first with the default wordpress theme. Because the products are woocommerce functionality and our theme doesn’t influence.

Best Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hello,

As mentioned in my first message, this is 100% an issue from Xtemos as the data started to show as 0 on the day we switched to the Xtemos theme from my other theme. I have shown you screenshots as well with the dates and data. My single product page has been built with the with woocommerce builder + Elementor for xtemos when I switched over to the xtemos theme. This is why I cannot view any products when I activate the storefront theme or any other theme.

I also contacted the WooCommerce Google Analytics Integration developers and they also say it’s the Xtemos theme. Please see link of full ticket in private content.

They suggested the following:
    1. Save a complete backup of your site and database DONE
    2. Update your current active Woodmart parent theme (6.5.4 is available) DONE
    3. Update your WooCommerce database to match the core version (6.7.0)WAS ALREADY UP TO DATE
    4. Update all your other plugins DONE

I also found there are reasons for this which are theme related:
    1. “It looks like your theme does not mark up the data- attributes“:
    2. Your site seems to be using some custom made product detail pages which are not recognized as product detail pages by GTM4WP

Please look into this issue & advise.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Are you able to check this with the default theme? Also, if you are using a custom product page layout built with Elementor, try to disable it and test how it works with the standard product page.

Also, if you have some Google analytics plugin, it should add some code to the product page to make work. You can ask which code it adds in the plugin’s developers and then check if the code exists on the product page.

Kind Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hello,

Are you able to check this with the default theme? Also, if you are using a custom product page layout built with Elementor, try to disable it and test how it works with the standard product page.
    No, I am not able to check the product page with the default theme (mentioned this 3 times already & sent videos showing this, please make sure you check them).
    How can I disable the custom product page layout built with Elementor?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If you can’t check this then it is not possible to identify where is this issue coming from either from the theme or from something else like plugins etc.

What custom layout do you use for the product page? Do you use some plugin or our theme custom layout?
    If you use our theme layout, you need to move it to trash to deactivate it temporarily.

Kind Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

If you use our theme layout, you need to move it to trash to deactivate it temporarily.

Yes, I am using your theme and layouts. Please advise how to delete it and how to get it back again to my current settings. I have had many issues with this product theme before which has messed up my product page.

Please give clear instructions on how to delete your theme layout for the product page. What will show for the product page if i delete it? How can I get it back after testing?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Just move the product layout to Trash. Then you will be able to restore it anytime in the future.

Kind Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hello,

I removed the product layout to trash but the issue is still there. Please see private content for more info.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Then it is not a problem with our theme custom layout. It means that the default product page causes this and not our theme. To verify this you need to check with the default WordPress theme. If the product page doesn’t work with the Twenty Twenty theme, then it is affected by some of the installed plugins or custom code. But it is not something caused by WoodMart.

Kind Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

As mentioned before, I cannot access the product page in another theme as it was created with woodmart therefore the product page shows up blank. I removed the product layout to trash but I still cannot view a product page when in another theme.

I have data showing for products up until I switched to the woodmart theme, therefore I do not believe this is a condicende and it is related to switching to the woodmart theme.

Please advise.

Please see private contact for more info.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

It doesn’t matter if you use our theme single product page custom layout or not. With other themes it should be blank. If it is blank then there is some problem on your website that is not caused by WoodMart. You need to solve this problem first and test how it works with the default theme.

Kind Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Even though the page is blank, I see it is still being content as a product view when I switched to storefront theme.

I now have used 3 different themes and it never shows product views when I am using the woodmart theme. Therefore, it is an issue with woodmart.

Please see private content for video.

Please advise.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, please, disable all plugins related to optimization and cache and add our account to the Google Analytics dashboard so we can see this problem.

xtemos.studio@gmail.com

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hi Artem,

1. I have switched the theme back to woodmart child
    2. Re added the single product template: https://snipboard.io/o23L0F.jpg
    3. Disable all plugins related to optimization and cache 
    4. Added xtemos.studio@gmail.com with viewer access. Please let me know if you need further access.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

OK thank you. Now we need to understand how exactly to debug this.
    When we visit a product page we see this in the Google analytics dashboard. Here is a video https://gyazo.com/4e5ca6b011fc3d72387d744c6df93b17

Kind Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hi there,

So the issue is when visiting a product page with the woodmart theme, it will show in real time (like in your video) & in product pages views report as seen here BUT it does not show up in Analytics: conversions -> e-commerce -> shopping behaviour *Sessions with Product Views*

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We see two sessions there for today. https://gyazo.com/090a40c38f517bc5eaff7501445ca3fd
    But how can we test like +1 session on that screen? How to see 3 sessions there? Just switch to the Dokan theme and visit one product?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Actually, we now see 3 sessions for today while we didn’t change the theme https://gyazo.com/89eb5d66ef49006e41fb6f541c3c6f5b
    I just opened the product with another device and now I got one more session. It means that it works while WoodMart theme is active.

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hello,

We see two sessions there for today. https://gyazo.com/090a40c38f517bc5eaff7501445ca3fd
    Yes this happened when I switched to the storefront theme and went to a product page (even though the product page is blank when in storefront theme, Google still counted it as a page view). For example this product page.

But how can we test like +1 session on that screen? How to see 3 sessions there? Just switch to the Dokan theme and visit one product?
    Please try the storefront theme which counted the *Sessions with Product Views*

for me today.

Please see private content for a list of product URLs to test with.

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Actually, we now see 3 sessions for today while we didn’t change the theme
    I just opened the product with another device and now I got one more session. It means that it works while WoodMart theme is active.

I just changed to the dokan theme a few minutes ago. Please try again as I put the woodmart theme back (those 3 sessions could also have been from my visits earlier today with the storefront theme).

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We switched to Dokan 10 minutes ago, and visited a product but it still shows 3 sessions. It looks like it counts a session from one computer how can we check if it counted it with WoodMart or Dokan? Let us keep only WoodMart active and visit your website tomorrow.

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Ok I will not touch anything on the staging site, so you can check tomorrow.

contactpleazurr
    Participant

I see you have the woodmart parent theme activated, shouldn’t it be the child woodmart theme?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We disabled Elementor PRO and now it works well. Please, check this from your side.

Kind Regards

contactpleazurr
    Participant

Hello,
    It is not working for me.

I have been trying for hours now in woodmart theme (without elementor pro) and it is still not working for me.

I have tried incognito, using different browsers, on mobile and using a VPN and it is still not counting any “Sessions with Product Views” in “shopping behaviour”.

How could the issue be Elementor pro when the plugin was active yesterday and still counting “Sessions with Product Views” with other themes?

contactpleazurr
    Participant

In regards to my last email,

In wood mart theme (no elementor pro), keeps showing as 0 for hours. I switched back to storefront theme and it worked!!!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

But we saw one session without switching. You can see this on your own screenshots. One session is recorded today when I visited your website without Elementor PRO. Please, keep the WoodMart theme without Elementor PRO and we will test this tomorrow one more time. DON’T SWITCH THEMES. Because it is not possible to understand which session was recorded: with WoodMart or not.

Kind Regards

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)