Home Forums WoodMart support forum Question about speed optimisation of WoodMart

Question about speed optimisation of WoodMart

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

d_ch
    Participant

Hi,

I have just finished one of my client’s shops with WoodMart and I would like to ask you a few things about its speed optimisation.

Is WoodMart fully compatible with WP Rocket plugin https://wp-rocket.me/?

In my private content I send you my latest tests on GTMetrix and tools pingdom.

My current Fully Loaded Time on tools pingdom is 4.13 sec while on GTMetrix is 4.9 sec (with test server region London UK).

On GTMetrix I have the following results:

A. PageSpeed Score: F (43%)

Everything has A grade on PageSpeed tab except from the following:

1. Serve scaled images

Almost all of website home products photos are resized in HTML or CSS from 600×600 to 295×295 via your theme’s code. Is there a way to avoid this?

2. Optimize images

Is there maybe a way to optimize at once all the photos at once? Most of my photos are SAVED FOR WEB via Photoshop software however GTMetrix shows them as they need more optimisation.

3. Defer parsing of JavaScript

I get E (57) grade on this (525.1KiB of JavaScript is parsed during initial page load. Defer parsing JavaScript to reduce blocking of page rendering).

B. YSlow Score: D (66%)

Everything has A grade on YSlow tab except from the following:

1. Make fewer HTTP requests

This page has 40 external Javascript scripts. Try combining them into one.

This page has 19 external stylesheets. Try combining them into one.

I get F (0) grade on this.

2. Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN)

I get F (0) grade on this as I don’t use currently a CDN, this has sense.

3. Minify JavaScript and CSS

I get F (10) grade on this.

4. Add Expires headers

I get D (67) grade on this.

5. Use cookie-free domains

I get F (0) grade on this.

6. Reduce the number of DOM elements

I get F (29) grade on this (There are 2423 DOM elements on the page).

Waiting for your further advice.

Kind Regards,
    Dimitris

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, our theme is fully compatible with WP Rocket plugin and we use it on our demo website.

Kind Regards

d_ch
    Participant

1. Serve scaled images

Almost all of website home products photos are resized in HTML or CSS from 600×600 to 295×295 via your theme’s code. Is there a way to avoid this?

Did you maybe check my above question?

Mike
    Participant

hi @d_ch something did not sound good to me.. you are a developer and you make eshops for your customers, and you don’t know how to optimize a website for better loading results?

Well firts of all the fast loading of a website its depend on several parameters, first of all is that where is hosted and on what machine (don’t expect a blazing fast website if you are on shared hosting, you will need at last a good vps server or even better a dedicated server) the you need to optimize the server, this is called server side optimizations, after you will need to optimize the product images that you are use or your customer use, keep i mind that every image should not be larger than 70-80kbps and at last 800px. after you do all of this then you can check for a cache plugin, im suggesting you WP Fastest Cache (free) or even better Swift Performance plugin (Paid) for even better results. our eshop its have more than 5k products and each product have at last 2-3 variations like size, color, type etc and is loading a blazing fast (you can search goldenbath.gr) and see by yourself. the woodmart its a fantastic theme in our opinion and one of best out there if not the best and their support its just amazing.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The report from GTmetrix are related to your website and server in general and not to the theme.
    Images size can be changed via Appearance -> Customize -> WooCommerce -> Product images or for that particular element on the home page with WPBakery page builder. You can reduce it to avoid that message.

d_ch
    Participant

For this particular element on the home page I use “Products (grid or carousel)” element of WPBakery page builder to show my latest 8 products.

You said above for that particular element on the home page with WPBakery page builder:

Where exactly can I reduce the size of these product images from 600×600 to 295×295 px (as they are currently scaled) on settings of this specific element?

d_ch
    Participant

Hi @alfashop I already know all this things.

I just asked WoodMart devs for some extra advice and specially about compatibility of Woodmart theme with WP Rocket premium plugin just to ensure this.

Regarding images, I use 1200x1200px on this specific site due to my client’s requirements for better zoom results. All of them are optimized for Web.

I agree that WoodMart is a wonderful theme with many options that cover a lot of requirements of an e-shop.

Btw I checked your site and it loads very fast indeed. Great job! Do you prefer Swift Performance plugin than WP Rocket for caching?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can change the size for the particular WPBakery page builder element under the “Design” tab https://gyazo.com/01eef989c9e5b1bc6420644401018013

Mike
    Participant

Hi @d_ch i didn’t want to say anything offensive, i just wanted to help!. well in my opinion and in our case after we tried many cache plugins the only one that make huge difference in compare with other plugins it was Swift Performance, ofc many thing depend on what plugins you have already installed as may someone could be incompatible and ofc how many plugins do you have installed, keep in mind that many many things can be done without plugins with hooks and filters, im telling that because at this moment as an eshop we have 35 active plugins and 28 plugins of them are official woocommerce plugins just to expand some functions like shipping, payments, product addons etc. many people for just simple things they install a plugin to do theyr work but this is the biggest mistake. also i recommend you to disable the image cropping size on wordpress media settings. and also if you optimize images before uploding them make some change like the screenshot below on the woocommerce product frontend settings, you can leave them uncropped and you can adjust the pixels as per your needs

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

d_ch
    Participant

Hi @alfashop thank you for the clarifications.

Currently I use 19 plugins, I agree with your opinion about avoiding installing too many plugins without a serious reason.

However I would like to hear the opinion of @Artem Temos regarding the Swift Performance plugin and its compatibility with WoodMart.

As you maybe read above, they told me that WP Rocket plugin is fully compatible and they already use it at demo website of WoodMart.

Mike
    Participant

@d_ch i definetly tell you that is 100% compatible as we have try and we use it on our site more than 8 months without any problem. btw which is your website?, maybe i can help you with your speed issues

d_ch
    Participant

@alfashop it is not online yet but it is almost ready (99%).

Can we talk maybe via email?

Mike
    Participant

yes ofc, you can just send me on the email that you can find on my website it starts with info@

d_ch
    Participant

@alfashop just sent.

Mike
    Participant

@d_ch i din’t get anything yet…

d_ch
    Participant

@alfashop Isn’t your site exentric.gr?

d_ch
    Participant

@alfashop Shall I send to the main email of goldenbath.gr site? I thought that you were the developer from the company mentioned at the footer.

Mike
    Participant

@d_ch yes send me on the main email of goldenbath.gr

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)