Home Forums Basel support forum Registration: unwanted double content

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Veganna
    Participant

When I go on ‘Register’ in frontend, I am redirected to the registration form, which is totally correct. BUT underneath the registration form it again shows a “Register” section- which makes no sense. It basically displays “Register… or: register…” where instead it should display: “Register… or: log in…”:

https://www.useloom.com/share/0b1b502ef6374ba0a3cec574d22fe92f

How can this be fixed?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You need to go to Theme Settings -> Shop -> My account and specify different texts for Login and Registration sections to fix this https://gyazo.com/c6d682dd4d6dbb2605c317f829349724

Regards

Veganna
    Participant

My text it not the issue- your weird configurtation is the problem! No matter what text I put in there it makes no sense! I need to have the doubling removed, like this it is a bug!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But you didn’t follow our advice and didn’t specify separate text for the login. Please, do this and you will see that the title will be changed as well.

Veganna
    Participant

It does not work this way! Go to mobile! Either I have this:

– New account form, below the “Registration” title below that the “If you already have an account then you can log in” below that the “Login” button

OR it shows:

– Log in form, below the “Login” title and the text “If you don’t have an account with us, then you can sign up here” and below that the “Registration” button

That means that the titles are wrong. You need to turn the “Login” title into the “Registration” title, respective the other way around. OR hide these words, but remove the spacing that will show then.

SEE ATTACHMENT TOO!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can edit their texts in the file basel/woocommerce/my-account/form-login.php. Or hide them adding the following CSS to the custom CSS area

.col-register-text h2 {
    	visibility: hidden;
    }

Veganna
    Participant

Please explain how this is supposed to work:

You can edit their texts in the file: basel/woocommerce/my-account/form-login.php

I translated the words already in Loco, so translation the words there does not change anything… I tried it never the less- and guess what happened, right: nothing.

‘Register’ is ‘Registrieren’ in German and ‘Login’ is ‘Einloggen’. And as explained before and as you can see in the attachement also: the second ‘Einloggen’ or ‘Registrieren’ as a double version of the above is wrong.

Now:

Einloggen (Login)
    oder (or)
    Einloggen (Login)

Registrieren (Register)
    oder (or)
    Registrieren (Register)

But it needs to be:

Einloggen (Login)
    oder (or)
    Registrieren (Register)

Registrieren (Register)
    oder (or)
    Einloggen (Login)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to edit the file we sent and replace the code

<?php if ( $login_text ): ?>
    				<h2><?php esc_html_e( 'Login', 'woocommerce' ); ?></h2>
    			<?php else: ?>
    				<h2><?php esc_html_e( 'Register', 'woocommerce' ); ?></h2>
    			<?php endif ?>

with this one

<?php if ( $login_text ): ?>
    				<h2><?php esc_html_e( 'Register', 'woocommerce' ); ?></h2>
    			<?php else: ?>
    				<h2><?php esc_html_e( 'Login', 'woocommerce' ); ?></h2>
    			<?php endif ?>

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)