Home Forums Basel support forum SCSS compilation basel-font bug

SCSS compilation basel-font bug

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

LeachimW
    Participant

Hello,

with gulp-sass v4.0.1 basel-font is rendering incorrectly.

$icon-angle-up: 106;
    @mixin font-icon-content($i) {
    	content: unquote("\"\\f#{$i}\"");
    }

\f is non printable character and result after compilation is content: " 106"; instead of \f106

Letter f with backslash should be in the icon variable itself, then it’s working fine, just like in font awesome for example.

$icon-angle-up: \f106;
    @mixin font-icon-content($i) {
    	content: unquote("\"#{$i}\"");
    }

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

Hi,

During styling we are using Ruby Sass 3.7.3 with following compilation sass -I sass --sourcemap=none -t nested --watch sass/main.scss:style.css

Best Regards

LeachimW
    Participant

Ruby Sass is deprecated – According to official site, Ruby Sass was the original implementation of Sass, but it reached its end of life as of 26 March 2019. It’s no longer supported, and Ruby Sass users should migrate to another implementation.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, we know but we still using Ruby Sass for this project. Actually, SASS files were not provided with our theme before and it seems to be our developer’s mistake that they now are part of the theme. Anyway, we will remove them in our next theme update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

LeachimW
    Participant

Why wouldn’t you provide source styles for theme customisation? You are listing in theme features “Developed with SCSS”, which let people assume that SCSS assets are provided.

It’s very convenient way to modify theme for developers instead of overwriting css, also disabling not relevant features in main css which can reduce its size almost in half, because plugins styles are not registered as separate css files like scripts.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We will consider adding such functionality in our future updates. But currently, there is no such ability. Even if you will customize the theme style file you will lose your customization on every theme update.

LeachimW
    Participant

Not exactly, changes should be done in a child theme, so they are not lost during update. Then after updates it’s just a simple file changes comparison and a bit adaptation of changed code if needed.

According to your replies, I assume, you are just focusing on a very basic users, not developers who are used to some common dev practices in building customised and optimised sites WP sites. I had a slightly higher hopes for such good selling theme.

Just please keep sass included, it’s very handy. If someone is not using dark theme, why to include 4000 lines, or 6000 lines of rtl support. Just by commenting these two imports I got from 980kb to 816kb and by commenting few other unused plugins to 716kb. I think I could shrink it to less then 500kb with all needed functionality for my project, which is half of the original size (uncompressed sizes, but it doesn’t matter, half is half). Same applies for scripts, which has huge impact on page rendering speed.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, we didn’t provide support for SASS customizations before. Our WoodMart theme has a CSS generator option that allows you to disable some parts from the CSS file even without code customization. We will consider adding such an opportunity for Basel as well. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)