Home Forums Basel support forum Search feature autofill jquery conflict with Visual Composer

Search feature autofill jquery conflict with Visual Composer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dbesterman
    Participant

Hello.

The search auto-fill feature isn’t working on my site due to a jquery conflict. I disabled all my active plugins (except for Woocommerce and Redux Framework) and the search feature started working correctly. I was able to narrow it down to Visual Composer; When VC is on, the search doesn’t work but when I deactivate it the search feature does work. My VC is 5.1.1 and it says I need to update to 5.2 but there’s no update available.

And I guess purchasing Basel theme doesn’t get a license activation for VC? Please let me know any options of fixing this. I attached a screenshot of the Jquery conflict. Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for choosing our theme and contacting us.

Visual Composer doesn’t allow theme authors to provide our customers with activation keys. New versions of the plugin are released on each theme update so you will get 5.2 version soon.

Could you please provide us a link where we can see this problem on your website? There is no such error on our development website.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

dbesterman
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the response. Here’s a link to the site, but you need authentication for it: http://clockoutlet.wpengine.com/

The search bar auto-fill doesn’t work in both the header and in the sidebar. Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we can see you have configured your website to use SSL and HTTPS protocol. That it is why you need to access your website via HTTPs only like this https://clockoutlet.wpengine.com/

dbesterman
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. The website was set up by our hosting provider on a dev site, so it should be fine then once we transfer it over to a real domain. Thank you for the help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Search feature autofill jquery conflict with Visual Composer’ is closed to new replies.