Home Forums WoodMart support forum Select2 forcing me to use minimum 3 character length in attribute select

Select2 forcing me to use minimum 3 character length in attribute select

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

iruixx
    Participant

I am reaching out to seek assistance with a specific feature of the Woodmart theme that I’ve encountered while working on my WooCommerce site.

Brief Overview:
    I am trying to customize the behavior of the Select2 dropdowns in the WooCommerce attribute section (specifically for the ‘pa_suurus’ taxonomy). I’d like the dropdown to allow input of less than 3 characters, as the sizes are often represented with fewer than 3 letters.

Steps Taken:

I have attempted to modify the Select2 initialization by overwriting the minimumInputLength and inputTooShort properties via custom JavaScript.
    Ensured that this is not a plugin conflict by deactivating other plugins.
    Switched to the default WordPress theme to ensure it’s a theme-specific issue.
    Despite these efforts, I still encounter the message “Please enter 3 or more characters” when I input less than 3 characters into the Select2 field.

Specific Details:

Location of the issue: WooCommerce attribute section for ‘pa_suurus’ taxonomy.
    I suspect that there might be another script or configuration in the Woodmart theme that overrides or initializes the Select2 dropdown after my customizations.

Request:
    Could you please guide me on how to effectively customize the Select2 behavior for this specific use-case? If this is a feature or hardcoded behavior in the Woodmart theme, is there a way to adjust or disable it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)