Home Forums Basel support forum Several things have disappeard since I updated to theme's last version

Several things have disappeard since I updated to theme's last version

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

germanelx
    Participant

Hi, I hope you can help me. I updated the theme to its last version 3.1.1 and the following happened:
    1. the gallery photos in each product disappeard. You can see the photos in the main shop
    window but when you go in each item in particular not a single photo shows.
    2. In the front page there’s an item that goes displayed when placing the cursor on the shop , the last one listed in the shop, but this is not showing anymore.
    3. there was a section on the front page where we had reviews from customers that doesn’t show either and it’s not in the editor.

Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Be sure that you are running the latest WooCommerce version and Basel 3.1.1. Also, clear your browser cache.

Regards

germanelx
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I’ve done that, I’ve updated to last Woocommerce version and cleared cache.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Did you clear cache plugins in your admin panel as well?

germanelx
    Participant

No, I didn’t do that, sorry if it’s a stupid question but my knowledge in this subject is limited, could you please tell me where to do this? Thks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It depends on which plugin do you use for the cache. You can read their documentation for more information.

Also, we see that some files were not uploaded during the update. Try to reupload all theme files.

Regards

germanelx
    Participant

It’s W3 total cache, I’ll look for a tutorial on how to do it.
    As for the reuploading, do I have to do exactly the same process as when I updated it?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

To update the theme you need to download the latest version on ThemeForest -> Downloads. Then just reupload new theme via Appearance -> Themes but install this plugin firstly https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/
    Also, we suggest you make a backup of all your files before any update.

germanelx
    Participant

I have a parent-child theme scheme and update it with Filezilla. Are you suggesting us to do it differently?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to update parent theme only.

germanelx
    Participant

I’m struggling to solve this problem, and it’s more than a week now… I have emptied all cache as explained in this tutorial for W3Cache (https://wpexplorer-themes.com/total/docs/clear-site-cache/) and nothing changed. I would really appreciate if you could check my website.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, we have checked your website a few times and see that our theme is still not updated correctly. All you need to is

1. Temporarily disable all caching plugins

2. Temporarily switch to parent theme (not use child theme)

3. And reupload the new version downloaded from Theme Forest -> Downloads.

4. Please, check the file functions.php after update and make sure it has this line

'product_gallery' => basel_get_product_gallery_settings(),

Regards

germanelx
    Participant

Hello Artem, I have done already all what you say and NOTHING CHANGES. When I activate the parent theme I see the pictures in the shop but as soon as I switch to child theme everything is gone again. The line you mentioned is there in the functions.php file of the parent theme. PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME A SOLUTION. I CANNOT WORK WITHOUT A CHILD THEME

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you mean that problems appear when you switch to the child theme? In this case, they are caused by some changes added by you to the child theme. Please, fix them or remove completely first.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)